Out of Sight Audio

Visit our community sponsor

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Papa's MKIV Roadster Build - #9115 (We have first start!)

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    I love the BMW Azurite Black. Stunning. Have you considered a Titanium Ghost strip? I love that Azurite and worry that a bold white or even stainless stripe would distract from it. Or you could follow another fool (me) and forego the stripe entirely. That Azurite really is stunning. It really does stand on it's own. I am glad I didn't see this till after mine was painted. This would have made my decision even more difficult!!
    I like the idea of the titanium stripes. They would look great against the Azurite Black!

Something like this sample:

While searching for more samples, I came across this beautiful example:

Last edited by Papa; 01-12-2018 at 04:28 PM.
    There are 10 types of people in this world;
    those who understand binary and those who don't.

My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754

Not a waxer

Here's another for you Dave. Silvers are tough, especially when they have a light base or "back color" as I refer to it. The Lambo titanium has a darker back and is the only one in the silver family that I've ever found that has much life or "pop" (really kinda' hate that term but everybody knows what it means )

Cheers,
    Jeff

titaniumterryg.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post

Here's another for you Dave. Silvers are tough, especially when they have a light base or "back color" as I refer to it. The Lambo titanium has a darker back and is the only one in the silver family that I've ever found that has much life or "pop" (really kinda' hate that term but everybody knows what it means )

Cheers,
    Jeff

titaniumterryg.JPG
    Thanks, Jeff. I'm liking the more bronze'ish - gray titanium than the brighter silver.

It's so hard to tell what a color looks like from a picture.

Dave
    Last edited by Papa; 01-13-2018 at 12:57 PM.

Papa, I've been following your thread, too. I went to the build school with Don (Tex2131). He's building a complete kit like you, but I'm using a donor (93GT) and going old school 302 with carb. We learned a lot at the school and our class was a solid group with good instructors. I'll keep following your thread. Thanks!
    Terry (Gunbunny) (I'm retired AHI Cobra pilot known as Gunbunny)
    Albuquerque

Quote Originally Posted by gunbunny View Post
    Papa, I've been following your thread, too. I went to the build school with Don (Tex2131). He's building a complete kit like you, but I'm using a donor (93GT) and going old school 302 with carb. We learned a lot at the school and our class was a solid group with good instructors. I'll keep following your thread. Thanks!
    Terry (Gunbunny) (I'm retired AHI Cobra pilot known as Gunbunny)
    Albuquerque
    Terry,

Thanks for following. I was Army as well and although not a pilot, I was around helicopters a lot - Air Assault! I always loved the Cobra, even after the Apache came out. The Apache looked intimidating, but the Cobra was lean and mean.

Dave

Not too much exciting to talk about today. I attached the cover on the passenger side F panel.

I also spent some time applying Thermo-Tec to the rest of the cockpit:

As you can see, I didn't take it all the way up on the rear of the cockpit. I'm undecided if I should or not. I still have another roll, so I can add the remaining pieces later. I also still need to do the outside panel on the driver's foot box that is still uninstalled for now.

Applying the mat is tedious, but a tip for those that are thinking about doing the same. As you make templates for each piece (I used paper from the boxes all the parts shipped in), keep in mind that your template for a panel on one side will likely be mirrored on the other. Just flip the template over and use it to do the other side.
    Last edited by Papa; 01-14-2018 at 05:17 PM.

Re templates: The precut carpet pieces make pretty nice templates.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottscobra

I've decided to do my trans tunnel cover in leather. In order to avoid having to do a lot of prep work or live with lumps and bumps created by the filler panel around the shifter opening, I ordered the FFMetal blank cover and will drill my own opening. When I bought my leather to have my door panels done, I was left with 1/2 a hide, which will be plenty enough to do the tunnel cover and a shifter boot in matching leather. I'm also planning to attach the cover with stainless screws into nutserts along the sides unless there is a better attachment method I should use.

Any recommendations for attaching the FFR padded dash to the frame? I'm considering stainless tap screws with stainless finish washers in the top center, and two on either side of center spaced evenly. I also have three lower braces that I'll rivet to the bottom edge of the dash.
    Last edited by Papa; 01-15-2018 at 01:15 PM.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011