BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Inventory Help

Post Thanks / Like

Inventory Help

Warning Dumb Newbie question:

I am going through the inventory and there are a few boxes, mainly the doors so far, where I am struggling to figure out what parts go with what number. Any one have any advice?
    Ryan
    33 Hot Rod
    350 SBC with TKO 500, 3 link rear

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rychi1 View Post
    Warning Dumb Newbie question:

I am going through the inventory and there are a few boxes, mainly the doors so far, where I am struggling to figure out what parts go with what number. Any one have any advice?
    Not a dumb question. I had the same issue.

I tried to process everything from a box I knew what it was first. Then with the leftovers I would reference the instruction manual page dealing with the unknown parts and try to find a picture of the part in question to help make a match. Eventually through process of elimination I figured them all out.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Only thing that helped me was to use the inventory list from FFR with the box marked on each sheet and go through them one box at a time checking off the known parts then use process of elimination on ones your not sure of. Somebody else on this forum had a good idea of making copies and attaching them to the corresponding boxes. It'll save you digging around trying to figure out what's in each box all through the build.
    JRL16
    Mk4 delivered 4/28/16. First start 10/15/16. First gocart 11/10/16. Engine Factory 427W. 750 carb. Tremec TKO600. 2015 IRS. Power steering. Whitby power brakes. Wilwood brakes. 18" wheels. Falken tires. Sway bars front and rear. Forte hydraulic clutch and mechanical throttle linkage. Scott's Hot Rods triple reservoir. Ceramic coated headers. Gas’n sidepipes. Heated seats. Herb Fraser walnut door panels. Wipers. Console.

Post Thanks / Like
    All good advice, I'll just add that I also wrote on every baggy too - add the number if missing and also write description. That way you'll save time when you wander over to get the 'steering column' bolts etc.
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys. I have been writing on the bags what it is for future reference. I think I am just going to have to reference the manual for the pieces I can't figure out.
    Ryan
    33 Hot Rod

Post Thanks / Like
    I used these a LOT during inventory, just to be sure. You can then find the exact sizes of the 'extras', and scan through all the sheets looking for that size. I did that a lot with my unlabelled bags:

http://a.co/iGjK5IF
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Purchaser, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rychi1,
    Another option is to email photos of the unidentified part(s) to us with [email protected] and we will be more than happy to assist you.
    Thanks,
    Jay Kravitz - Purchaser

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jay. I think I figured out most stuff when I matched up with the manual but I do have one part in the backfill box that I can't identify.
    Ryan
    33 Hot Rod

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rychi1 View Post
    Thanks Jay. I think I figured out most stuff when I matched up with the manual but I do have one part in the backfill box that I can't identify.
    So post a picture of it on here too. That way when I get stage 2 and am wondering what the part is I be able to remember this post. :-)

Tim
    Tim Sapp
    Build Blog: http://hotrod.sapp-family.com/blog/

33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017

Post Thanks / Like
    For future reference, that some may find helpful. In line with the advice from wareaglescott, I cross referenced the manual. What made it much easier for me was getting the digital version. I have loaded the manualonto an Ipad and open in iBooks. I am also scanning and loading the full inventory list onto the iPad as well. That allows me to search for the part name, or the assembly. The assembly blow up pictures were extremely helpful, but didn't have every single part. For everything else, I searched for the part name and then tried to look at the pictures. This method got me 90% there and left only a part or two that I could guess. I also wrote down on the bags of parts, what the full part number was and the assembly name to make it easier in the future. On some of my bags it had the last two digits of the part number which makes it a bit easier to narrow down.

It turns out my mystery part was the "Exterior door handle backing plate", I think. Both of them weren't in the original boxes and were in separate back fill boxes.
    Ryan
    33 Hot Rod