Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Warning to all, do not use The Race line !!!

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Warning to all, do not use The Race line !!!

Six months ago I gave Erik Johnson at The Race line a 1 K deposit on a GTM transaxle/clutch set-up. Later paid full amount $11.6K to him. He cashed my check and never delivered anything. He says he has no money to refund me either. I am in the process of using a lawyer to see if I can get my money back. I highly recommend you do not use him as a source for anything. Hopefully this post will save someone else from my bad dealings with him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ouch, that really sucks. That's a big chunk of change to have lost. Good luck with your lawyer... and thanks for the warning.
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    MODS: Tom asked for permission to post and I approved. The Race line was dropped as a vendor for non-payment. A warning against using this (former) vendor is warranted.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. That's a lot of money. Sorry to hear this. Sounds like he needs to be paid a visit.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a lot of money. I'd post this elsewhere. Good luck,with your lawsuit. I would also contact the BBB as your States AG
    Last edited by 2FAST4U; 06-25-2017 at 05:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Yikes. I was considering them to purchase a transaxle recently.
    Hope everything works out. That's a lot of coin.
    FFR 7123 tilt front, Levy 5link/wilwoods/LCA's, webers.
    SL-C, LS3 525, Mendeola SDR5,

Post Thanks / Like
    Sad to say, but this is becoming a lot more commonplace in certain car circles these days. Grab as much money as you can, then file for bankruptcy.

I hope you can get all or at least some of your money back!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ouch. Super sad face, man.

Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps your lawyer should also be naming the so called partner of The Race Line, in any law suit. As per their web site, which is still up and running.

"While The Race Line is typically thought of as a company that specializes in gearboxes, thanks to our new partnership with Simple Auto Solutions, Inc. we are proud to be able to offer our customers a full line of services."

I also see they have an e-bay store, which although doesn't use the same name, ( thegikenman), perhaps should be reported to e-bay. It does say Welcome to The Race Line e-bay store, on the e-bay page. http://stores.ebay.com/theosgikenman/

They also have a Facebook page advertising items they sell. Of course he can delete whatever you post on it, but still, you could always have some fun with him. questions about Flux Capacitors or whatever..
    https://www.facebook.com/theraceline77/

Post Thanks / Like
    Facebook allows reviews. It's pretty easy to hit the 1 star button.
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19

Post Thanks / Like
    I took a look on Facebook and there was one review for 5 stars. From the name of the reviewer, it looks like his wife. What does it say when a wife gives a guy 5 stars for service?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by UnhipPopano View Post
    ../What does it say when...
    Easy there pilgrim. Let not devolve into facebook here.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I just found out that The Race Line has cheated another member out of 9.6K. Please be careful of dealing with this company!!!

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like they have a Facebook page (https://www.google.com/search?q=The+...hrome&ie=UTF-8)

When I had trouble with Toyota, and they didn't want to fix a defect, I started posting on their FB page. It got their attention real quick. You might try that approach and hopefully get others that have had or having difficulties with Race Line to do the same.

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    I already posted a 1 star review there - he asked why and I pointed him to this thread. No further comment..
    James

Post Thanks / Like
    Just for everyones info. My case to Raceline went to court and I was awarded all my money back. However he refuses to pay. I am waiting on the legal system to get me my money. May take another year or so. He is still in business so beware.

Post Thanks / Like
    What a dirt bag. I think it may be time to start being vindictive now that the legal process played out and he is still refusing to meet his obligations. I knew someone who taped fliers onto peoples doors in a dirt bags neighborhood explaining what the guy had done with his picture. In this situation, the guy continued to not handle it well, so he ended up getting fliers distributed at his kid's school next. Maybe the owner of Raceline will behave more appropriately if the people around him who he interacts with know how he actually behaves. I would guess some people may think that this is crossing the line. However, I feel that if you are just saying what he actually did and how he actually acted, he is 100% responsible.
    Last edited by Clover; 06-03-2018 at 02:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    The legal process is not done. We are in the process of getting access to all his funds. It just takes time.

Post Thanks / Like
    What a sad state of living over $10K... how desperate must he be...? He deserves everything that comes to him.

PS That guy is one big fat sack of DOUCHE.
    Gen3 Coupe - SOLD Arrival: 6/21/18 SOLD: 4/12/2019
    Current Vehicle: 2014 SRT Viper (modded to the moon), 2022 TRX, 2014 RS6, E46 LS3 M3
    Current Projects: Superlite/RCR GTR ***FOR SALE***
    @madd_wrapps on IG or www.maddwrapps.com