Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Need help with directionals on my 33

Post Thanks / Like

Need help with directionals on my 33

I have wired my 33 according to the FFR manual. When I signal for a left turn, the left front blinker comes on but both rear lights blink. When I signal for a right turn, the right front blinks but both rear lights blink. The brake lights work correctly. Any suggestions?

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    First make sure you have good grounds on your rear lights.

Post Thanks / Like
    review the wiring diagram and instruction closely. I had similar problems with mine until I realized the book was mis leading. cant find the post now but I did outline what happened so you migh try to look at my old posts. Hope it helps//

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jvolpe3491 View Post
    I have wired my 33 according to the FFR manual. When I signal for a left turn, the left front blinker comes on but both rear lights blink. When I signal for a right turn, the right front blinks but both rear lights blink. The brake lights work correctly. Any suggestions?
    Read the manual very closely. I don't recall specifically what you need to do, but What I do remember is there is a group of wires that needs to be snipped. It is where the directionals all come together for the directional switch for the cobra, since they share the same harness, but the directionals are on the column in the hot rod this needs to be done.

If you can't find I in the manual, send me a PM or give FFR a call.

I can look it up later if needed.
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea had same issue. There is a wire that needs to be snipped in the rear. Once cut, everything worked fine. Research some posts, that's where I found it

Post Thanks / Like
    Still having problems with my turn signals. I have cut the pink hazard wire and the yellow and white rear turn signal wires as per the manual. Have also cut the purple wire going to the left rear and replaced the hazard flasher switch in the Ididit column. Now the brakes lights, hazard flashers, park lights, headlights and left turn signal all work ok. The problem is that both rear lights come on with the right turn signal but not the right front. Any suggestions? I did search the posts but did not find a fix.

FFinisher --if you are listening, please provide more info. I am calling FFR AGAIN.

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Take a look here. It may help you. Also check the wires at the column connector. split the connector and check the wires going to the rear T/S. You do not use the purple wires in the rear for anything. Just the T/S wires. The T/S switch will allow them to do both brake and T/S

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/120-fac...ke-lights.html