BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: The journey to build a 33 begins

Post Thanks / Like

The journey to build a 33 begins

Been reading and studying this site for a few years in preparation for my build, but I now officially have possession of my kit so the real journey begins. I picked up my 33 kit second hand on Saturday, and have now finished up the inventory and will get started on the body.

This will be slow build process, though I am shooting for 2 years. I have three kids under 6 and I work fairly long hours so I will mostly work really early in the morning and really late at night.

I am based in Memphis, TN and based on the owners log, I think I am the only 33 nearby. I haven't found any other Factory Five's nearby either but maybe I just missed them.
    Ryan
    33 Hot Rod
    350 SBC with TKO 500, 3 link rear

Post Thanks / Like
    I should probably add that this is a completely new endeavor for me. I have no experience building cars, and my knowledge base of working on cars is limited to changing brake pads and tires. I would consider myself fairly handy and my dad was a mechanic so I do have some exposure to this. Be forewarned I will ask a lot of dumb questions from the people on the forum that have more knowledge than I do.
    Ryan
    33 Hot Rod
    350 SBC with TKO 500, 3 link rear

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats rychi1 and good luck! Ask away, I've asked plenty of dumb questions!

Good to see another SBC build - will you create a build thread?

[P.S. PM me the chassis number and I'll update the map]
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a late night, early morning builder myself. It works. Build manuals in the morning with coffee while everyone sleeps. Get use to your wife coming out to the garage saying, "its 1:00 AM, can we please go to bed". You'll swear you've only been working for a half an hour.
    Welcome to the party.
    -Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, my 33 will be picked up by Stewart on the 8th, should be delivered shortly after. I waited until my kids were grown up, but plan on teaching my Grandson a lot during the build.