Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: steering Wheel

Post Thanks / Like

steering Wheel

I need to remove my steering wheel. How do I remove the Cobra Emblem.

Post Thanks / Like
    In case you bought yours already built. The emblem itself does not come off. The metal disc that it is attached to comes off.

You should be able to get your fingernails under there and pop it out. Or a credit card will work if you are a nail biter. Just don't use anything metal, like a screwdriver.

.....or a hammer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche325 View Post
    In case you bought yours already built. The emblem itself does not come off. The metal disc that it is attached to comes off.

You should be able to get your fingernails under there and pop it out. Or a credit card will work if you are a nail biter. Just don't use anything metal, like a screwdriver.

.....or a hammer.
    Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like
    Avalanche is correct. That is machined with an o-ring to slip into the center of the steering wheel, so you may have to use two cards to rock it back and forth a little until you can get a grip on the edge with your fingertips.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thread some dental floss under the edge and pry it up.

Post Thanks / Like
    When you reinstall it, it may not want to seat because of the air pressure. If so, drill a very tiny hole in the base to allow air to escape. I also applied a thin coat of plumbers putty to the o ring to assist in seating the emblem.

Post Thanks / Like
    I drilled two small holes in the column hub, so I could slide a small Allan key (or anything thin and strong), up from the bottom, and push the center cap out.
    FFR6803RD, MK 3.1, 302 EFI, fr/rr disc brakes, WC-T5, c/w Hurst Competition Plus shifter, 3 link rear, Koni adjustable coil over shocks, dual roll bars, BBK 4-4 headers, 3.55 rear gears, BBK rear lower control arms c/w poly bushings. Ivy Green Metallic Arrived-02/08, On road 09/2010