Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: ** GROUP BUY** Boyd Welding Replacement Fuel Tank

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation ** GROUP BUY** Boyd Welding Replacement Fuel Tank

2011 Group Buy #1

Non EFI Aluminum Replacement Tank with (Safe Zone Revision) Normally $413.00 shipped with 0-90 sender and Roll over vent

GROUP BUY PRICE WITH 0-90 OHM SENDER, ROV AND SHIPPING INCLUDED $ 369.00 SAVE APPROX $40.00

EFI Aluminum Replacement Tank with (Safe Zone Revision) Normally $716.00 Shipped with 0-90 sender and Roll Over Vent

GROUP BUY PRICE WITH 0-90 OHM SENDER, ROV, IN-TANK WALBRO PUMP AND SHIPPING INCLUDED $ 553.00 SAVE APPROX $163.00

Terms:

-10 slots open
    -30% deposit required by CC, Remainder charged at shipment
    - FREE Shipping to lower 48 states. Canada, Alaska, Hawaii please call for quote.
    - No structural or fitting changes allowed during group buy. If you do not want the sender we will adjust the price accordingly.
    -10% forum member discount does not apply during Group Buy's

Please call to order as the website does not reflect Special pricing!!

Toll Free 877-270-3576
    Local 352-447-2405

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm EFI but using an external pump. I think the non-efi will work but do you have a picture of the latest version. I already have a hole in the body for the fuel filler between the trunk and top and will need to install the included safety harnesses. I already have the big bore vent if that's compatible and any quality sender will work with the SpeedHut gauges I'm using. My other option is to mod the tank I have now which would still leave me with something ugly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Any chance I could order an EFI tank without the pump? I already have a pump and hat. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 1fastsedan View Post
    Any chance I could order an EFI tank without the pump? I already have a pump and hat. Thanks!

If you already have an in-tank pump and mounting bracket then you can just buy the Standard tank and cut a hole in the top to mount your system in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffav View Post
    i'm efi but using an external pump. I think the non-efi will work but do you have a picture of the latest version. I already have a hole in the body for the fuel filler between the trunk and top and will need to install the included safety harnesses. I already have the big bore vent if that's compatible and any quality sender will work with the speedhut gauges i'm using. My other option is to mod the tank i have now which would still leave me with something ugly.

safe zone efi
    CIMG1778.jpgCIMG1779.jpgCIMG1780.jpg

safe zone non-efi
    ff331.jpgff332.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Bummer just got my tank last week

stack
    FFR MKI Roadster FFR2202K Built in 2000 sold
    FFR Hot Rod #39 under construction

Post Thanks / Like

Tank #5

Just bit the bullet and ordered my EFI tank with the works through Dan. Only problem is their supplier for the 0-90 ohm sender will not be able to get those to Boyd until sometime in August, so I have the option of having the tank built and sent without the sender and when the senders get in, Boyd will send one to me, or I can find a sender on my own. I'm going with ship the tank when completed and we'll try to track down a sender.

With my purchase, there are only 5 slots remaining before this group buy goes away. Get one while you can.
    Tim
    HR #209
    Delivered 11 May 2010
    http:/tims33.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I spent all morning messing with the tank and just don't want to risk using it. I left a message for Dave Boyd and will purchase one of his non-efi units to go along with my speedhut sender. I'll have to rethink the fuel cap location now. I still like it through the body and not in the trunk. It should be easy to mate to either location.

I feel better about this already.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Dave

I would like to join this "group buy", but shipping would need to come up here to the Great White North (Calgary, Alberta). So what would my difference be?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinn View Post
    Hi Dave

I would like to join this "group buy", but shipping would need to come up here to the Great White North (Calgary, Alberta). So what would my difference be?

Pm sent

Post Thanks / Like
    3 spots left !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Boyds gas tank

Wish I had waited for the group buy!!!!!!! Would have saved more than the cost of the pick up.

I had mine shipped to ****** Montana and picked it up there and brought it across the border myself as I have done for parts from Whitby, Forte, etc.

There were some questions on bringing the "gas tank" into Canada as "fuel system" is the one item that could not be included in the "Canadian kit".

I could not seem to get the same answer from the people @ Transport Canada, so I just imported it as "custom car part" US manufactured, and therefore I just had to pay the GST when it was declared at the border crossing.

Vinn, hope you get your tank as it is far supperior to the FF unit.

If you would like to see one in person, I live just south of Calgary

Post Thanks / Like
    I have kind of a related question, do you do any treating to the inside of the tank. I know aluminum is pretty good at holding up to gasoline, but with the ethanol being added to fuels, I have heard there are concerns of the ethanol absorbing water and being corrosive to the aluminum, have you found that to be a problem?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DOHCCOBRA View Post
    I have kind of a related question, do you do any treating to the inside of the tank. I know aluminum is pretty good at holding up to gasoline, but with the ethanol being added to fuels, I have heard there are concerns of the ethanol absorbing water and being corrosive to the aluminum, have you found that to be a problem?

Ethanol is always a concern to all fuel tanks. we find the most issues with marine tanks we do not offer any coating options for one main reason. There still is not any coatings on the market that are a permanent long lasting fix to the problem. The only proven way to solve that issue is to have a Stainless Steel tank. I am sure you will get a very long life from an aluminum tank.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to get one of these tanks. I left Dave Boyd a message on his work phone. so When I get a call back that will be another slot gone.

Post Thanks / Like

UPS Has My Tank

Got word that my tank has been shipped. Ordered on 7/1, and left Ocala at 9am this morning, so a 3 business day turnaround if you don't count the day it was ordered or the day it was shipped. Outstanding. UPS has it scheduled to arrive on Wednesday.
    Tim
    HR #209
    Delivered 11 May 2010
    http:/tims33.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Just talked with Dan and he said he sold 2 other slots today and he said I was the last slot. Whew that was a close one. Ijust got back from vacation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by timdks View Post
    Got word that my tank has been shipped. Ordered on 7/1, and left Ocala at 9am this morning, so a 3 business day turnaround if you don't count the day it was ordered or the day it was shipped. Outstanding. UPS has it scheduled to arrive on Wednesday.
    Mine will be here Tuesday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Dave ... just checking to see if you had seen my response(s) to your PM. Still very interested and do not want to give up my spot in this group buy.

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to thank everyone that was interested in our products. you made this group buy a success, all slots are full and most are already shipped we still have a few tanks going through weld and should ship soon. even though this group buy is over we will still be offering a 10% forum member discount. When you order let dan know you are a member of The Factory Five Forum and he will make sure that is added to your account.

Dave Boyd

Post Thanks / Like

Aluminum Roadster Tank

Here are a couple pics I snapped this morning. I checked the number and this tank is going to Bob B. In Sandpoint ID.

CIMG1948.jpgCIMG1950.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    I got mine today and I'm very happy with it.

Thanks for doing the GB. I can't wait to get the body off again and get this thing installed.

Post Thanks / Like
    OHH MAN.... Sorry for all the peanuts everyone but it is the most effective way to keep the tanks un-damaged.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveBoyd View Post
    OHH MAN.... Sorry for all the peanuts everyone but it is the most effective way to keep the tanks un-damaged.
    My neighbors little boy had a blast picking them up and my wife will be set for a year for the shipping she does.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Dave

My tank arrived today, safe n' sound.
    Once again ... thanks for your assistance and please pass on my gratitude to Dan Hance

Take care

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it too late to get in on the group buy for a non EFI Boyd welding tank for my 1969 hevy C10

bc33
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn!! Got mine a couple months ago. But -- everything went as promised and it's a NICE product. My supplied FF tank wouldn't even fit in the space. The mounting flanges were too high. Maybe we could consider a "GROUP SELLBACK"to FF. I had thought about cutting a hole in it and using it as a planter -- but it's too ugly.

28. Likes theidlemind liked this post