Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New member from NW Florida

Post Thanks / Like

New member from NW Florida

Hey guys. My name's Dave. Just recently purchased my first kit. MK4 complete kit arriving first week of August. I have been moonlighting on these forums for years now as a guest and have picked up a ton of useful advice and inspiration. Any tips and tricks are always welcomed. I am an active duty Army guy too so we will see how long this actually takes for me to accomplish between "business trips" haha. Feel free to stop by and say hi and if you are in the area, especially if you have a build under your belt hit me up for a cup of coffee sometime. Look forward to starting my dream journey.

Dave

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Welcome Aboard GBPDE & Thank You For Your Service!

We are very fortunate to have Expert Builders on this website and support from Factory Five Racing as well.

You Are Going To Have A Blast Building Your Dream Car!

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome and THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE
    JR
    Mk4 complete kit #9059 ordered 1/19/17 delivered 3/23/17, 2015 IRS, Fortes/DART347,TKO 600, hyd clutch, P/S, 12.88 wilwood brakes front and rear, heater/defrost and vintage gauges
    First start and go-cart 4/11/18. Taken To Whitby Motorcars Greensboro, N.C. 2/5/21 for body/paint

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum.
    Tell us about your build plan and any options you are planning?
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum
    99/2000 NASA PSO Champion-2005 west coast FFR challenge series Champions
    Sponsor Tony B's 2007 ST2 National Championship
    2009 NASA TTC runner up-2010 NASA TTB runner up

Post Thanks / Like
    Im planning on keeping things pretty simple since this is my first build and I am trying to finish in 6-10 months. The only real options I have planned are some heat shielding on the engine bay especially the foot boxes. I like the idea of raw power with no creature comforts. I have always been a car guy and bought what I wanted rather than build it. I am going manual steering and brakes. Might update to the wilwoods before I get to that point. But no A/C, no wipers. Still shopping around for an engine builder to talk powertrain options. I wont be doing much track time. Just wanted a head turner for the streets and something with plenty of power.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave,

Welcome, there is a lot of good information here in addition to great advice from forum members.

Neil