Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Canton oil pan headsup on small problems

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Canton oil pan headsup on small problems

Don't have my kit yet but in the mean time I am prepping my Coyote for a smooth installation in the future. I ordered my drivetrain from Forte and received everything in a timely manner. One change I did notice when I received everything was a Canton oil instead of a Moroso pan ok not a big deal both quality pans and the Canton was for a Coyote gen 1 and gen 2. When I went to put the pan on it would not sit flat on the gasket/windage tray. If I slide it back 1/4" it would sit flat but the bolt holes wouldn't line up hmmm. Well after some investigation I saw that the hump on the windage tray near the flywheel preventing the wide lip on the Canton pan from sitting flat. image2.jpgIn the pictures you can see where I rubbed the pan against the tray to leave marks, to see what the interference was.image5.jpg Well pulled the pan and the pickup back out. Then starred at the gasket/tray and thought maybe I don't want to take it off. But something had to be done. So I took a putty knife and wedge between the block and the gasket. Luckily it is only RTV in the four corners just to keep it in place. Once it was off I took a die grinder to the it and relieved just enough to let it site flat and holes to line up. image4.jpg Also FYI the new Gen 2 grate engine does not come with a oil level sending unit in the pain and does not have the wiring for one, at least that is what I am seeing. So looks like I have to order a 20mm x 1.5 plug to plug up the pan. I looked at Edwardb's build log he has a Gen 2 but his came with a one and the wiring for it. In the picture I put an arrow on where the wiring is suppose to come out at. Well kind of a long winded story but wanted to let others in the future using the crate Coyote what to expect. IMG_1811.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Paul2STL; 07-01-2017 at 09:39 PM.
    MKIV #9122 Ordered kit 5/24/17 received kit 8/11/17 MK4 Base kit +,First Start 4/7/18, First Go-Cart 4/22/18, In gelcoat, licensed and driving 8/11/18. Coyote gen2, T-56, 2015 IRS 3.31, 17" Halibrand replicas w/Nitto NT555 G2, Withby Motorcars power brake kit W/Wilwood pedals, 04 Cobra front brakes, 15 Mustang rear brakes with mods, power steering. Paint Jeff Miller Da Bat, Lexus Spectra Blue Mica W/Toyota Silver Sky Metallic strips. Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...Paul2STL-Build