Howdy Everyone,
I have enjoyed reading and day dreaming about a FFR build for years. This father's day weekend, my first as the honoree, I got to visit the factory.
The roadster was my introduction to FFR. Then the 818 was released and I liked how complete the kit was with a donor and the extensive aftermarket for Subaru's. I finally settled on the type 65 coupe gen 2. After the Gen 3 was revealed that sealed the deal.

Seeing and sitting in the Gen 3 did not disappoint. The entrance and exit get a little tricky but once you are inside I dare say it is spacious. The goal would be to construct a car as daily driver friendly as possible with power brakes, power steering, and hydraulic clutch. Air conditioning and heat are a strong possibility. Drive train would be a salvaged coyote out of a 2015+ F-150 backed up by a T-56 magnum sending power to a Mustang IRS from a track pack 3.73 Torsen at the rear. If I only ever get to build 1 I might as well shoot for the moon. 15" wheels are also on the menu for the classic look and extra sidewall give.

Everything is still a day dream but I now have some real memories to draw on.
Big thanks to Courtnie for the tour and David for setting it up.
If I did this right below is a pic with my future build partner. Don't be fooled by the hands at 9-3 and eyes on the road. His only interest was eating the steering wheel. No comment on if he was successful.

-Ben and Derrick

20170616_093833 cropped.jpg