Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Where is that special place???

Post Thanks / Like

Where is that special place???

Okay Gentlemen,

My build has been slowish, but steady, and I have had to do things in a different order to the manual partly because i am converting to Right-hand drive, and partly because in New Zealand we are required to present the car for inspections at various stages of the build and they do not necessarily match the progress of the manual...........so there are some areas that have been partially completed and then halted until other items have been finished.

So here is where I need some help......I know that many of you must have been here........I have put some parts in that very special safe place, so they wouldn't get lost........

Can anybody tell me where that place is? Because I can't remember and its driving me nuts!!!

Any suggestions welcome.
    FFR MkIV 8419 - Right Hand Drive
    427W with Inglese 8 Stack injection - 560hp
    TKO600 5 Speed, 8.8 Detroit Trutrak LSD IRS
    VPM Adjustable Sway Bars
    Vintage Wheels 17" Pin Drive

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Start with the last place you would look. That works for me, LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Attic or the spare bedroom... That's where mine was stored

Post Thanks / Like
    I put all the important stuff the same place the drier puts my socks.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    The most reliable way to find a lost part is to buy another one.
    Pete (aka, Repete)
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    You'll always find it in the last place you look.

For me, it is usually under something. I'd start there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pick out something you want to put in a safe place and then see where that takes you . . . it may bring you to the place you forgot about.

I personally hide all my "needed" stuff in the same place you hide yours - Ha-Ha-Ha. FWIW, still can't find that stuff. Go Figure.

Doc
    FFR3712K (MKII) in Lost Wages Nevada.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    I never hide things away.
    Whenever she's in a mood to "tidy up", my wife does a great job of hiding stuff for me.

Problem is she can't remember where she put something, but then at least there is two of us trying to find it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I put mine in a place that made sense at the time and my senses change with time.
    King
    Roadster #8127, ordered 7/12/13, received 9/11/13
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...4-Coyote-Build

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a shelf just for that stuff.... started that once I got tired of buying the same part two or three times.
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Post Thanks / Like
    My "special place" I know this one, I KNOW THIS ONE !! I'm 58 years old and just the other day I was getting a massage and..........WHOA ! You meant hiding "special place" gotcha. Well, for paperwork and cash I put it in my underware drawer but not my pennies (to heavy) "NO" pennies has an extra n and e. (Great! , now I have to find a new hiding place.). The car stuff I hide in plane view . I'm getting so damn blind that I can't see it so I think I must have hidden it and that's when I rip the shop apart and bury it under a mountain of other stuff never to be seen again until I clean up ,,,, which isn't going to happen anytime soon cause I'm too busy LOOKING FOR THE PARTS I HID !!! best of luck...da Bat

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AZPete View Post
    Pete (aka, Repete)
    That one seems to work best for me.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by michael everson View Post
    I put all the important stuff the same place the drier puts my socks.
    Mike
    They're all here:

Limbo.jpg

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    One thing I remember is that as some boxes got near empty I would condense into other boxes. I was smart enough to label every box with what is in it.

My good friend did a similar thing but did not bother labeling the boxes. He called me swearing that he had been robbed. Gauge set, bumpers and some other bits and pieces just gone. Stolen he assured me.

He found everything in a side pipe box a few days after his new gauge set arrived.

Check all you boxes. 😎

Every time I loose something I call him and tell him I got robbed.

Post Thanks / Like
    I put those parts away in my hidden cupboard (you know, where I keep my dresses, heels and make-up).

Post Thanks / Like
    It was Mario,,,,,,,MARio,,,,,,It WAS MARIO !! ha !......more rum.....I NEED MORE RUM !

Quote Originally Posted by CDXXVII View Post
    One thing I remember is that as some boxes got near empty I would condense into other boxes. I was smart enough to label every box with what is in it.

My good friend did a similar thing but did not bother labeling the boxes. He called me swearing that he had been robbed. Gauge set, bumpers and some other bits and pieces just gone. Stolen he assured me.

He found everything in a side pipe box a few days after his new gauge set arrived.

Check all you boxes. ��

Every time I loose something I call him and tell him I got robbed.

Post Thanks / Like
    .....jus been feelin a connection.......NOW IT ALL MAKES SENSE !!!....you wear the red ones and i'll wear the ones with the live goldfish......FABULOUSE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barrel View Post
    I put those parts away in my hidden cupboard (you know, where I keep my dresses, heels and make-up).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AZPete View Post
    Pete (aka, Repete)
    I'm with Pete & Avalanche.

Usually it's the stupid cheap parts I "lose". After a week of looking and finally buying a second, I found a coolant temperature sensor fitting stashed with my AN pressure test set. I'm still not sure why I put it there instead of my box of "parts I don't intend to use."

John
    MK IV Roadster #8631
    Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage
    https://www.ffcars.com/threads/phile.../#post-4776313

Post Thanks / Like
    I FOUND THEM!!!!

Thanks guys, they were in the last place that I looked as predicted, funny thing is that I had looked in there at least 4 times already...............they were under all the socks
    FFR MkIV 8419 - Right Hand Drive
    427W with Inglese 8 Stack injection - 560hp
    TKO600 5 Speed, 8.8 Detroit Trutrak LSD IRS
    VPM Adjustable Sway Bars
    Vintage Wheels 17" Pin Drive

Post Thanks / Like
    When you locate those lost parts, let me know because I'm almost positive it's the same place I put mine!

Post Thanks / Like
    It's always in the last place you look - because when you find it, you stop looking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, they were in the first place you looked. Due to "Male Pattern Blindness", you were unable to see what you are looking for, even though you probably tripped over said parts.