Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Let the FE Freedom Ring!

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Let the FE Freedom Ring!

Factory Five customer Al Adkins (call sign RacerAl on The Factory Five Forum) from Stoneville, NC built his Mk4 Roadster starting with our complete kit and installed a powerful 445 stroked FE with Blue Thunder heads and intake, and a TKO 600 transmission. Whitby Motorcars painted his body. Al also used power brakes combined with Factory Five 15″ Halibrand wheels. “I tried to keep this car all business,” said Al.

Al’s Mk4 Roadster earned the Field & Stream Award of Excellence from the employees at the store in Greensboro NC during the Gate City Triad Mustang Club’s 35th Anniversary Celebration. About 150 Ford powered cars were present for the show.

Here are some more photos of Al’ car. This is Al’s second Factory Five build, and he has helped many, many more people on the forums helping answer their questions.

Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    That's one sweet ride Al! Watching it come together was a lot of fun. You were on the sidelines too long! Glad you stuck around, and finally re-realized your dream. She's a beaut.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nicely done!
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Al's car is even nicer in person! She is truly beautiful. That engine is an absolute beast, and the paint is just beautiful!

Congratulations on a stunning car Al! I really like that first picture against that mural as well; perfect for the Independence Day weekend!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautifully done Al. Congrats!!
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    X2 . . .

Like Hodgkins stated above; "Watching it come together was a lot of fun". It's been a real treat to see this project come together, your attention to detail has set the bar higher for FE builders, for sure.
    Glad to see it's now on the road and tearing up the asphalt.

Doc
    FFR3712K (MKII) in Lost Wages Nevada.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    OH !!! HELL YES !!! VERY NICE INDEED !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Many thanks to a whole bunch of you guys for your advise and help.
    Thanks,
    Al Adkins
    Certified "Kool Aid" drinker

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome back to "Cobrahood" Al. Your car is gorgeous. I am somewhat biased in favor of black cars!

Garry

Last edited by Garry Bopp; 07-04-2017 at 01:46 PM.
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***