Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: WTB: Green dash indicator and on-off-on switch

Post Thanks / Like

WTB: Green dash indicator and on-off-on switch

I know these are readily available from FFR(and elsewhere...) and I've got an upcoming purchase of carpet anyhow, but wondering if anyone has them in a drawer without planning to use them.

My base kit only came with one green turn indicator and I'd like to use two. And I didn't get a matching on-off-on switch that I planned to temporarily use for the turn signal(both I received were SPST on-off).

Thanks!

-TJ

Post Thanks / Like
    I have one of their on off on switches if you want it. But I'll be honest, theirs has small posts on the back side, so I bought a switch with larger posts. So it would fit the wiring tips better

Post Thanks / Like
    I swapped mine out for a pair of LEDs and a blue LED (with dimmer) for hi-beams, the incandescent ones were tough to see in the sunlight. I will check tonight if i kept the old one. Also consider SDC's self cancelling unit, $75. simple to wire and also works the hazards. One flick for 7 second, 1 second hold for 20 seconds, 2 second hold for indefinite. One of the best things Jeff Kleiner advised me on....and there were a lot! thanks Jeff.
    not the best pic...DSC_7932.jpg
    Last edited by MisterAdam; 07-06-2017 at 08:50 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys, I PM'ed both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterAdam View Post
    Also consider SDC's self cancelling unit, $75. simple to wire and also works the hazards. One flick for 7 second, 1 second hold for 20 seconds, 2 second hold for indefinite. One of the best things Jeff Kleiner advised me on....and there were a lot!
    Eventually I'm going to install a Russ Thompson turn signal setup on the column. For right now I'm just trying to get the car on the road for a year of shakedown. I figure there are things I didn't do which I want, and some things I'll want to change. Anyhow, the RT setup will get installed when the body comes back off for paint in a year(or so....). The other thing is I'm using a dash for shakedown from a local builder that no longer wanted it. It already has several holes which I won't use when I install my own dash, but for now I need to put something in them. I'll have a couple "dead" switches already just to plug holes, but I definitely need a matching on-off-on switch for the temporary turn signals.

Thanks again!

-TJ