Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Newbie

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all,
    I have had my car a few months now and thought it was time to get on board. I live in Chino Hills, CA and work in Irvine. I enjoy cars and I am a Ford fan. Always wanted a Cobra and never ever thought I would have one. I went to the FFR show in Huntington beach and really enjoyed talking and learning about these cars. I really like this community of car guys.
    I purchased an under construction MK4. I'm in the process of trying to figure out what's been done, what to change if anything and what to do next. It's not at go cart stage yet. I think the build is a little over my skill level but I think I will slowly get it done.

Ken

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard. If you can post pics, we'd love to see them

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are some pics if I did it correctly. So far I have added power steering, fortes hydraulic clutch, working on the brakes and electrical. After that I have to reseal the rear diff cover and change the oil pan. The oil pan on it is 9.1" deep. Then maybe move on to the aluminum.

IMG_1562.JPGIMG_1572.JPGIMG_1575.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Heck, most of the tricky stuff has already been done by the look of it. Pretty close to go-kart stage..just keep plugging away.

Ask questions here if you get stumped on something. This forum has a lot of highly skilled people that will be more than happy to help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome!

Hi Ken, welcome to the forum! And to the So-Cal FFROG! (That's Factory Five Racing Owner's Group. No dues, no meetings, just anyone with a FFR)

Great base to start with. My father-in-law lives in Chino Hills and I live near Irvine. There are builders all around you so don't be shy about asking for feedback or help. We actually get a kick out of helping so forgive the enthusiasm. We're not nearly as creepy as we look (well, except for the guy who's into spelunking and guano. You'll recognize him by his lacquer-induced "stylings" on the forum and on our rides).

Frankeeski hosts monthly breakfasts at Maniac Mike's diner in Upland and it always draws a few of us. Also, keep a lookout for the Ageless Avengers, a bunch of local old fogies who get their kicks cruising with their much-better halfs. If you want to be added to the mailing list, let me know.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! Lots of good information to be found here!
    Check out our crate engine offerings at www.factoryfiveengines.com
    Give us a call at 1.800.483.4263

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Guys, I'm sure I will have lots of questions and would like to meet some of the locals. And David Hodgkins, Yes I would like to be added to the mailing list.

Ken Hatton
    [email protected]