BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Problems losing the Forum styling?

Post Thanks / Like

Problems losing the Forum styling?

Mods; Over the last few days I've visited the forums only to see the plain vbulletin skin, not your customized one. It looks like the CSS isn't being found. Are you playing around with it, and renaming the CSS file or something?

If I delete cookies etc in chrome, it loads CSS correctly. Perhaps it's a forum personalization problem stored in my cookies, but this only started in last few days.
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for posting.

No, we haven't been messing with CSS. Are you still having the issue now with a freshcopy? If you are unsure if you've deleted this sites cache in chrome, press F12 and then navigate to the "Application" top nav section. Set the subset to "Clear Storage" and press the "Clear site data" button. Let me know if you experience errors after that.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    To Add: I just clicked on the settings button in the top right corner and then clicked on General Settings inside the MySettings|MyAccount box. At the bottom of the settings panel under miscellaneous you can set the forum skin to mobile which frankly I've never tried and haven't developed!

So again, thanks for posting! If this is your issue you will see a "Full Site" link at the bottom of this page.

And I have some work to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks David. It's happened 2-3 times in last week (not sure of exact timeline). I always hit the 'latest posts' bookmark, and whenever the vbulletin logo appears, I clear site data to fix it. Always on same macbook air, not mobile. A couple days later, same thing happens.

Next time I'm happy to not fix it and give you more detail, whatever will help you. Should I send you cookies when this happens? Would screenshots be useful? FWIW, I'm a professional computer programmer and been doing enterprise web dev for 20 years so I can get as technical as you want.

Thanks for all you do, I love this place!
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100