Hey everyone and thanks in advance.

I have began my research for a 33 build (project for me and my two sons.) I plan on ordering my kit next spring, so I am trying to get everything in order.

I know nothing about ford engines, having done all of my tinkering and building using old Gen 1 csb's, so I know nothing of the new LS tech either. My sons have out voted me (well I like the idea too so I did not veto the vote , and we will have an open engine bay on our 33. So my immediate thought was Blower! With the hood being open, I want the engine to look like it might be from an older hot rod. So my question is should I look at buying a new ls3-ls7 crate with carburation, I know that the 500hp is easily attainable with these, but I also know that you must tune an ECM and god knows what else to make them work. Most of these range around 10K being all dressed up. Or I was thinking about getting a gen 1 350 which can be had fully built for under 2k and putting a roots blower on top. This combination can easily make 400hp and go up from there with new cam and heads. But this could be done for under 6k. Sorry about my rambling, but my wife actually agreed to this idea and I am super stoked!

Thanks
Cpt