Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 289 FIA Clearance and Side Pipes

Post Thanks / Like

289 FIA Clearance and Side Pipes

As I grind toward designing what I want in a new project, I have a couple of questions:

1) What is the ground clearance of the stock side pipes on a "normal" stance. The s/c pipes are at rocker level, but the FIA is below the rocker. We have a lot of speed bumps here in the DR and clearance is crucial.

2) Having has a 427 FE in a SPF in the past, I know the noise these beasts can make. I don't want to go there again. Maybe I'm old and want the kids off the lawn. But has anyone modified the FIA pipes adding a muffler to reduce the racket?

If the clearance is decent and adding a muffler is doable, that may be easier than under car exhaust which looks complex no matter how it's done.

TIA for the input!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I just ordered my 289 USRRC kit and I have the same concern. I was down at factory five about 6 weeks ago, and the fired up the 289 in the showroom. and it is loud!
    An online search has me looking at exhaust augers. They seem to offer a fair amount of noise reduction with a minimum increase in back pressure. has anyone tried this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bump.

Any suggestions about the pipes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I ordered a set of cats. Tony at FFR. Suggested these as the best way to quiet it down a little.