FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Replace quick jacks

Post Thanks / Like

Replace quick jacks

I am contemplating buying a used cobra but it has quick Jack's and I prefer the look of over-riders. How difficult is it to swap out? Looks like I could just use a wrench to swap them out but a vendor said they would charge me $150 to swap them out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Go to the factory five website and lookup from their parts catalogue; overriders. All you need is a wrench (5/8ths), unbolt the quick jacks and bolt on the overriders. Very straight forward and I wouldn't pay someone to do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Definetly go to FFR for the overriders. Finish Lines overriders don't have the attachment plate welded in at an angle like FFR does. They work great for the rears but the fronts should match the forward angle of the body.
    JRL16
    Mk4 delivered 4/28/16. First start 10/15/16. First gocart 11/10/16. Engine Factory 427W. 750 carb. Tremec TKO600. 2015 IRS. Power steering. Whitby power brakes. Wilwood brakes. 18" wheels. Falken tires. Sway bars front and rear. Forte hydraulic clutch and mechanical throttle linkage. Scott's Hot Rods triple reservoir. Ceramic coated headers. Gas’n sidepipes. Heated seats. Herb Fraser walnut door panels. Wipers. Console.

Post Thanks / Like
    The $150.00 might not be that unreasonable because you may need to drop or at least lower the fuel tank to do the rear. It depends on which way the bolts are installed. If the nuts are exposed then your all set.
    Mike