Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Breeze Automotive Seat Brackets > Has Anybody Used Them?

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Breeze Automotive Seat Brackets > Has Anybody Used Them?

Hey Gang,

Has anybody used the seat brackets that are sold by the Great Team @ Breeze Automotive?

http://breezeautomotive.com/details.php?prod_id=609#

My issue is that my Lovely Wife is 5'2", Our Gear Grabbing Son is 5'8" and I am 5'10" tall.

Steve

NOTE #1: I've got Breeze's fan shroud and it is really a nice piece.

NOTE #2: Our two girls never learned how to drive a stick so my tiniest of babies can't drive it anyway.

NOTE #3: Wife also added that she's 5'6" or 5'7" depending on the shoes she's wearing and she's got over 100 pair.
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 07-09-2017 at 11:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have, worked well, although im the only one that drives my car so I never adjust them, but the slight recline they provide makes things much more comfortable

John
    FFR #7388 - Mk 4 Complete Kit w/ IRS, Ordered 10/21/10, Delivered 12/8/10. 302 with FiTech and Under Car Exhaust, Heat & A/C, Rod Top. Hard top and shop built side curtains added 2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Steve, I got em, as John said, it kicks you back ever so slightly. They are adjustable but with the seats I have (classic leather), it doable but not like reaching under with one hand and sliding your body fore or aft to move the seat. The base is made up of two parts, the main component rivets to the floor, the top piece mounts on top of the main component via knob screws (sliding plate), your seat bolts to that.

Installation is pretty straight forward and the parts are all heavy duty.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have them and agree with what RickP says. They also lift you up a little higher. I have the Classis Leaather seats as well.
    Baghdad Bob

Complete Kit Delivered July 2010, serial @ 7287, Whitby Power Brakes, Whitby Tonneau, Power Steering w HEIDTS PS Valve, Hydralic clutch, 15" Wheels, BFG Tires, 331 stroker w Quick Fuel 650, RPM Heads, Air Gap Intake. IRS w 3.27, TKO-600. FFMETAL Firewall Forward, FFMETAL Dropped Battery Box in Trunk, Enlarged Passenger footbox, Breeze Cubby storage, Breeze Seat Brackets, Herbs Door Panels. Ford ruby red 12 coats.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Gentlemen,

I really appreciate the feedback and RickP, you picture really puts my mind at ease.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    I've got them for my Mk4. After fastening the seat to them and setting them in the car to try them out I could not get my feet comfortably to the pedals as it forced my knees to make contact with the bottom of the dash. Decided they were unusable for me. I have the leather classic seats. Main reason I got them was for adjustability and space between the seat and floor to run my heated seat wires. I think the car is somewhat of a tight fit for most people so seat adjustability is not needed in my case. I wound up putting 3/4 aluminum riser under the seats for wire clearance.
    JRL16
    Mk4 delivered 4/28/16. First start 10/15/16. First gocart 11/10/16. Engine Factory 427W. 750 carb. Tremec TKO600. 2015 IRS. Power steering. Whitby power brakes. Wilwood brakes. 18" wheels. Falken tires. Sway bars front and rear. Forte hydraulic clutch and mechanical throttle linkage. Scott's Hot Rods triple reservoir. Ceramic coated headers. Gas’n sidepipes. Heated seats. Herb Fraser walnut door panels. Wipers. Console.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JRL16 View Post
    I've got them for my Mk4. After fastening the seat to them and setting them in the car to try them out I could not get my feet comfortably to the pedals as it forced my knees to make contact with the bottom of the dash. Decided they were unusable for me. I have the leather classic seats. Main reason I got them was for adjustability and space between the seat and floor to run my heated seat wires. I think the car is somewhat of a tight fit for most people so seat adjustability is not needed in my case. I wound up putting 3/4 aluminum riser under the seats for wire clearance.
    Jrl16,

Do you still have them?

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Still have them and I've done the mod that Mark is doing to all the new ones. Instead of trying to get a nut under the seat plate that bolts to the seat itself he now installs zerts. Way easier.
    JRL16
    Mk4 delivered 4/28/16. First start 10/15/16. First gocart 11/10/16. Engine Factory 427W. 750 carb. Tremec TKO600. 2015 IRS. Power steering. Whitby power brakes. Wilwood brakes. 18" wheels. Falken tires. Sway bars front and rear. Forte hydraulic clutch and mechanical throttle linkage. Scott's Hot Rods triple reservoir. Ceramic coated headers. Gas’n sidepipes. Heated seats. Herb Fraser walnut door panels. Wipers. Console.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used these seat plates to mount Cobra Clubman seats. Easy to install. One needs to paint them first. I like the slight angle to the seat. These seats installed this way are very comfortable and provide side and head support that you dont get in the classic seats. They only rise to approximately halfway up on the role bar.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll just throw this out there since you are looking at sharing seat time. I previously had Sube Cobra Classic seats mounted to Breeze incline seat mounts. Those seats allow use of the earlier type mounts with thumb screws which makes seat adjustments a snap. Also, the seat comfort is unbeatable. I hate admit that since I just replaced those seats with the new leather FFR seats. The new seats are okay but the Cobra Classics on the Breeze mounts are superb. Something to think about if you're not all wrapped up in originality.
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Messina View Post
    I'll just throw this out there since you are looking at sharing seat time. I previously had Sube Cobra Classic seats mounted to Breeze incline seat mounts. Those seats allow use of the earlier type mounts with thumb screws which makes seat adjustments a snap. Also, the seat comfort is unbeatable. I hate admit that since I just replaced those seats with the new leather FFR seats. The new seats are okay but the Cobra Classics on the Breeze mounts are superb. Something to think about if you're not all wrapped up in originality.
    Frank
    Thanks for the information about the Clubman seats and the Breeze Mounts.
    I've got the Big & Tall Leather seats so I plan to use them because I like they way they feel on the back of my front.
    Regarding being wrapped up in originality, welllllllll I'm probably a little outside of the normal parameters for most peoples taste, but I do have an extra gear or two.

https://youtu.be/_wnHDNgnNqs

https://youtu.be/BcsVu80VG5k
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 07-10-2017 at 06:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David Cheresh View Post
    I used these seat plates to mount Cobra Clubman seats. Easy to install. One needs to paint them first. I like the slight angle to the seat. These seats installed this way are very comfortable and provide side and head support that you dont get in the classic seats. They only rise to approximately halfway up on the role bar.
    Great Information!
    Thanks-O-Million!

Post Thanks / Like
    I got them and like them.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KDubU View Post
    I got them and like them.
    KDubU & Company

I plan to order them in the morning.
    Thank you all for the feedback.
    Your responses are appreciated!

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by GoDadGo View Post
    Thanks for the information about the Clubman seats and the Breeze Mounts.
    I've got the Big & Tall Leather seats so I plan to use them because I like they way they feel on the back of my front.
    Regarding being wrapped up in originality, welllllllll I'm probably a little outside of the normal parameters for most peoples taste, but I do have an extra gear or two.

https://youtu.be/_wnHDNgnNqs

https://youtu.be/BcsVu80VG5k
    GoDadGo,
    Yes, you are way out of the normal paramaters with the chevy Engine, or did you say Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Cadillac, or maybe even lasalle?
    Baghdad Bob

Complete Kit Delivered July 2010, serial @ 7287, Whitby Power Brakes, Whitby Tonneau, Power Steering w HEIDTS PS Valve, Hydralic clutch, 15" Wheels, BFG Tires, 331 stroker w Quick Fuel 650, RPM Heads, Air Gap Intake. IRS w 3.27, TKO-600. FFMETAL Firewall Forward, FFMETAL Dropped Battery Box in Trunk, Enlarged Passenger footbox, Breeze Cubby storage, Breeze Seat Brackets, Herbs Door Panels. Ford ruby red 12 coats.

Post Thanks / Like
    GoDadGo, I would try the seats sitting on the floor with a 2x4 under them first just to see if you fit. These cars are a tight fit for most. The way the seats are tipped slightly with the mounts moves the seat forward a little. I think I remember reading somewhere that it's possible to bend the back vertical rib of the seat inward. Haven't been able to find it again. That would move the seat back and help with the fit.
    JRL16