Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Join Us in Oshkosh for the 2017 EAA AirVentures Show!

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Join Us in Oshkosh for the 2017 EAA AirVentures Show!

The Factory Five team is heading to Wisconsin for the 2017 EAA AirVentures Show in Oshkosh. Join us at we spend the week of July 24-30 at AirVentures, and check out our fleet of demo cars including the Mk4 Roadster, ’33 Hot Rod, Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe, and more! Customers are welcome to join us at this fun event.

We’ll have several of our cars on display including the all-steel body ’33 Hot Rod, an Mk4 Roadster, the “half mobile” Mk4 driving-rolling chassis, our Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe, and more!

Ford is a sponsor of EAA’s AirVentures and our booth will be located a short walk from their display. All of our cars present will be Ford-powered.

You can view show maps and get more information on EAA’s website here.

We look forward to seeing you in Oshkosh!
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to see you guys doing a Midwest event. With the EAA having a home-built mentality and over 500,000 visitors, it should be a great event for you.
    I plan on stopping by to say hi.
    Last edited by Alig2; 07-10-2017 at 08:45 PM.
    #8619. Picked up 5/27/15, First Go Cart 7/16, Finally Legal 5/18

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been to the EAA a couple of times in the 1980's and highly recommend it. You can see everything from an ultralight to the worlds largest military planes (and everything in between). It was said at the time that 10% of the worlds aircraft was there during the show - although not all at one time as planes fly in and fly out every day.

Thanks John

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow - talk about a great cross-marketing idea... homebuilt planes and homebuilt cars. I typically try to make at least a day-trip to Oshkosh every year and will definitely put it on the calendar for this year.
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave, I plan on heading up like we had talked about at London. How do we get in? It's a BIG venue with multiple entrances and tight security.
    FFR 5136 Started as a donor...donor guages, engine, trans,etc. Now...TFS street intake,stage 1 cam, GT40p's,24# injectors and 80mm MAF,70mm TB,Z-spec t-5, and PSE Halibrand wrapped with Nitto 555 G2’s. My ever evolving dream car!!

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sten,

I will be there for most of the week but won't have my car there. I'm sure we'll be able to get together at some point.

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***

Post Thanks / Like
    I still need to know how to get in. I worked the show for several years and know that you just can't "drop in".
    FFR 5136 Started as a donor...donor guages, engine, trans,etc. Now...TFS street intake,stage 1 cam, GT40p's,24# injectors and 80mm MAF,70mm TB,Z-spec t-5, and PSE Halibrand wrapped with Nitto 555 G2’s. My ever evolving dream car!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Chris, I first found out about Factory Five from their ad on the back cover of Sport Aviation Magazine! Perfect fit!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by steno View Post
    Chris, I first found out about Factory Five from their ad on the back cover of Sport Aviation Magazine! Perfect fit!
    Same here. I was going to build an RV-7 airplane, the wife thought that a FFR roadster would be a better option. That was 12 years ago, 30,000+ miles ago. I have since sold my FFR and bought a flying RV-7.

Bud

Post Thanks / Like
    Bud, those RV's are all so sweet! Some of the parts fit so well it's almost you just have to shake up a box of parts and a complete assembly falls out! Hope to check out yours! You'll be in the RV area? Garry, I'm sure we'll be spending some time , I'll be there Friday through Sunday.