Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Guy from Northeast Oklahoma

Post Thanks / Like

New Guy from Northeast Oklahoma

Hello friends, been lurking here a bit and just recently signed on. I attended the Mid American Mustang Shelby meet here in Oklahoma a few weeks back where I was reminded of how much I love the Cobra Roadsters. I first laid eyes on one in Long Beach California at the Naval base there around 1966-67. My father used to take me to the base exchange every other Saturday to acquire what was his idea of a preferential hair cut, a buzz really. Anyway, one Saturday he took me and I noted in the parking lot a lot of really slick looking cars with racing graphics. After the the buzz cut, we wondered out among all the gathering where I set my eyes on some incredible automotive beauties. This to include GT-40's. Seems I recall acquiring a little white and blue striped Matchbox car of a GT40 there. What never left me though was the sound that extruded from the pipes of one of those Cobras. I can still hear it today. Over the years I've dreamed of owning one but was not in a position to do so. I see now that dream possibly coming to a reality but yet have two kids I need to get through college. I'm also trying to finish up a rotisserie resto on my 69 Mach 1, which btw was my very first car and still own her today. In fact, working on the Mach has prompted me to seek out the Roadster kits, as I am doing everything except the paint and loving it. I really enjoy working with my hands and building things.....furniture, homes, cars, you name it. A Cobra build would be a delight. Anyway, look forward to getting know some of you here and perhaps one day a nice cruise with some local owners.

Best Regards,

John Lindsay

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! I am in Wisconsin, but get down to OKC/Tulsa on occasion. Would love to chat if schedules ever line up!