Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 3 Link support-Is it needed?

Post Thanks / Like

3 Link support-Is it needed?

I have already installed my 3 link banana bracket (upper link bracket) per the instructions in the manual. As I read some other posts, I see mention of a 3 link bracket support from VPM that attaches from the top of the bracket to the top of the pumpkin (at least that is what I think it is doing based on the one fuzzy picture I found). My upper link bracket already has a brace that goes to the bottom of the pumpkin and is bolted on. The picture below is from the manual and shows the "leg of the axle clamp bracket" that I am referring to.

My question is do I need an upper support (like VPM sells) in addition to the support already present on the lower part of the bracket?

3 link.jpg
    Ryan
    33 Hot Rod
    350 SBC with TKO 500, 3 link rear

Post Thanks / Like
    "Need" is subjective, but IMO, yes. FFR will probably say no. For the cost of this insurance (and seeing bent brackets and/or spun rears), and considering the ease of fitment (no weld) it was an easy choice. It's one of the very few places I've diverged from stock kit.

Here's a non-fuzzy pic: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...l=1#post283762
    Last edited by RoadRacer; 07-13-2017 at 03:00 PM. Reason: added pic
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    When I upgraded my MKII a few years ago from a 4-link to a 3-link I add both of the VPM support braces and I was very happy with the results. Handling was improved and Infelt more at ease. I did use the car on the track and autocross. No doubt imp would do it again. Enjoy!