Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: changing from the kit supplied headlamp switch

Post Thanks / Like

changing from the kit supplied headlamp switch

I'd like to change from the kit-supplied headlamp switch to the Ron Francis HL-16, which allows you to control the high and low beams from the switch without the need for a separate dimmer switch.

Here's how I think this needs to be done, please tell me if I'm wrong.

1. Connect power feed #1 from the old switch to battery feed post on the new switch. Power feed #5 on the old switch is unused and can be terminated.
    2. Connect the 2 tan parking light wires at #4 on the old switch to the tail light feed post on the new switch. (Question: Are the 2 tan wires at #4 controlling both the parking lights and the tail lights, or just the parking lights? If just the parking lights, how do I get the tail lights controlled?)
    3. Also connect the dash lights at #2 on the old switch to the tail light feed post on new switch
    4. Connect the red and brown low beam and high beam wires to the low beam and high beam posts on the new switch. #6 on the old switch is now unused and can be terminated.

Question: What needs to be done with Interior Light Ground (the gray wire on the old switch)? Just connect it to the other ground supplied for the old switch?20201129_181138.jpg20201129_181123.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    the 2 tan wires are for front park and rear tail lights.
    Mike