Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: exhaust noise thread- updated with video results

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nic, I have had Quiet Pipes on my Roadster for years and love them. They emit a deep solid sound while allowing my wife and I to actually have a conversation on the highway. The wielding, alignment, fit and finish of the Pipes are outstanding.

Quiet Pipes were developed and produced by Boig Motor Sports. They can be reach at: 781-424-0882.

Craig

Post Thanks / Like
    Got a chance to hear Gas N's and Boig Quietpipes side by side a couple weeks ago. The GasN's, as others said, are mellower than the FFRs, quieter but a little too loud for me. The Quietpipes were noticeably quieter, still had nice muscular sound. I ordered the quietpipes last week....
    I did contemplate the Flowmaster 30" mod, but in vids they seem a little too loud to me (yeah I'm old and my ears are already messed up-trying to salvage what I have left).

Post Thanks / Like
    FYE: the current ffr pipes are baffled instead of using packing.

Post Thanks / Like
    FFR pipes are loud. At first once I started driving I didn't mind it and saw all the post about the loud exhaust and wondered what all the fuss was about. After a while the noise got to me, especially on long drives. I ended up getting some ear plugs, my son wears ear muffs. I may change my exhaust in the future but I need a good comparison to hear the difference and that might take a while.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quietpipes have always been manufactured by Boig Motorsports. Yes, Breeze Automotive was a dealer for Quietpipes, but Boig Motorsports brought all sales in house last year. If you wish more info on Quietpipes, go to boigmotorsports.com. We are also an advertiser on this forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quiet Pipes the way to go. They have been tested and they last.

I have been down this road looking to save what little hearing I have left. Just like so many of you the stock FFR pipes grew louder over time and the neighbors complained. I did the research on the Slimline Flow Master pipes. Buying a set had them installed and they were louder than the original FFR pipes.
    When I bought the Boig Motorsport Quiet Pipes there is an immediate change in the noise level. A mellow deep sound that still lets you know there is something special under the hood but you can hit the throttle wide open and still have a conversation. Well that’s if your passenger can still talk while holding on. At cruising speeds the mellow sound levels back to the mellow deep sound, but at a level where you can talk.

You can’t beat these pipes in any fashion, from design, workmanship, noise level and over all quality.
    Look up some of my older post for test results.
    Craig

Picked up April 2004, completed June 2006 - Ford Racing 351-W, Bored & Stroked to 392ci, 430HP - 475ft/lbs torque. Holley 750 D.P., Tremec 3550, 3-link, FFR 15 Wheels, Color: Indo Ink Pearl with Super White stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not yet received my complete kit from FF but I know the pipes will be too loud. I have been reading about the options available to make them not so loud and it seems like there are quite a few; everything from spiral/cone inserts to completely replacing them with with Gas-N pipes. It seems the cone/spiral inserts are not that effective. The Gas-N pipes are great but I just don't want to spend the money, especially since I just paid for the polished stainless pipe upgrade on my FF kit (too late to change that). So I am looking for the best way to modify the FF pipes. Are the Flowmasters referenced above inserts? If not, does Flowmaster make an insert? I recall reading that someone cut their FF pipes, put a Flowmaster (or maybe another brand) muffler inside then, rather than welding it back together, they used a stainless band clamp. Then the clamp was "hidden" by their heat shields Has anyone ever done anything similar? If so, can you please share what you did and the results?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RJD View Post
    Hi Nic.

By Breeze quiet pipes, do you mean the Gas N Performance ones offered by Breeze. I''m trying to decide which pipes to get and haven't had any luck finding the Breeze Quiet Pipes. Thanks for the help.

-RJD
    Boig makes a product called "Quietpipes". Check the vendor link page for a link to his site.
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...Side-Pipe-Kits!
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RJD View Post
    Hi Nic.

By Breeze quiet pipes, do you mean the Gas N Performance ones offered by Breeze. I''m trying to decide which pipes to get and haven't had any luck finding the Breeze Quiet Pipes. Thanks for the help.

-RJD
    Quiet pipes are from Boig Motorsports (I think Mark at Breeze used to offer them).

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...ide-Pipe-Kits!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Boig makes a product called "Quietpipes". Check the vendor link page for a link to his site.
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...Side-Pipe-Kits!
    I couldn't have worded it any better myself!

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the decibel level and sound of the Boig pipes. I am losing my hearing but I prefer to lose it slowly.
    The decibel level was my only big concern with the roadster, all the other shortcomings, (I've researched the roadster 85 ways to Sunday over the last few years) are a minor in my opinion.
    Thanks again for all of the feedback guys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12