ISIS Power

Visit our community sponsor

Thread: Coyote Water Temp Sender - did they change the size???

Coyote Water Temp Sender - did they change the size???

I'm doing the engine prep for installation. Last little hurdle to overcome: The Coyote instructions (starting on page 26) tell me to remove the plug that accepts the 14mm key. Done. It's a big plug. Then, I am to replace that with the adapter that the water temp sender screws into. Oops. The adapter plug I found in the coyote fitment box is much smaller than the Coyote plug. One of three possibilities: a) I pulled out the wrong plug, b) I pulled the wrong adapter from the box, or c) the plug is bigger than it was when the put my kit together. Take a look.

The big hole is where I pulled the plug from. The 14mm key fit it quite nicely.

Here's the top view of the plug and the adapter I have:

Here's the bottom view:

The adapter is quite a bit smaller than the original plug.

Comments? Ideas? I'm hoping that if I can't find an adapter that fits today, I'll be able to access that hole from under the car, because the engine is going in tomorrow (Sunday).
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - a work in (slow) progress
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes

Quote Originally Posted by Al_C View Post
    I'm doing the engine prep for installation. Last little hurdle to overcome: The Coyote instructions (starting on page 26) tell me to remove the plug that accepts the 14mm key. Done. It's a big plug. Then, I am to replace that with the adapter that the water temp sender screws into. Oops. The adapter plug I found in the coyote fitment box is much smaller than the Coyote plug. One of three possibilities: a) I pulled out the wrong plug, b) I pulled the wrong adapter from the box, or c) the plug is bigger than it was when the put my kit together. Take a look.

The big hole is where I pulled the plug from. The 14mm key fit it quite nicely.

Here's the top view of the plug and the adapter I have:

Here's the bottom view:

The adapter is quite a bit smaller than the original plug.

Comments? Ideas? I'm hoping that if I can't find an adapter that fits today, I'll be able to access that hole from under the car, because the engine is going in tomorrow (Sunday).
    Al I can't remember the specifics other than to tell you whatever came in my coyote fitment kit did not work for me as the directions showed and I had to go to Home Depot to get some additional parts to make it work.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottscobra

That's the right hole. Used on production Coyotes for a block heater, so a pretty big opening. I'm with Scott. Don't remember what I did but did have to buy something. This is what mine looked like right before dropping the engine in. Note I don't have the oil pressure sender installed on the "T" because I didn't want it sticking out when I dropped the engine in.

Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014.
    Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. #7750 Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. 03 of 20. Deliv: 08/05/2015. 2015 crate Coyote, 2015 IRS. Legal 04/18/2017. Red/white club for the third time. #8674 Build Thread

Same here. What they said was the wrong size, but I did have the correct one in another bag somewhere in my kit, so I stole it from there. Can't remember offhand what it was intended for.
    MK4 #9028 - Coyote - TKO600
    Delivery: 1/30/17 First Start: 7/23/17
    Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...8-Build-Thread

Thanks, gentlemen. I found an adapter at Ace Hardware that will fit the hole and accept the adapter from FFR. It adds a little length, but I'm hopeful it will work. We'll see tomorrow!
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - a work in (slow) progress
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes

Worked on mine.
    Kevin
    MKIV #8234
    Coyote '13/TKO-600
    Delivered 2/7/14 - Plate "COYOTE NC1965" 3/25/15