Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Seat foam

Post Thanks / Like

Seat foam

I remember seeing one of our vendors had different density seat foams for the factory five seat bottom , I've searched but cant find them or does somebody have another Idea ? Thanks , Ed

Post Thanks / Like
    Not the answer you ask for, but,,,, until you find some foam, try putting a solid barrier between the seat foam and seat frame. I used the hard plastic sheet, racers use to form up dirt car bodies. You might consider a sheet of aluminum, lexan, wood paneling, etc. It improved the comfort for me.
    It does not have to be attached. Just cut to fit.
    Good luck,
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used this on my Kirkey aluminum seat. Very comfortable, and easy to fit. https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catal...?clickkey=4682
    .boB "Iron Man"
    NASA Rocky Mountain, TTU #42, HPDE Instructor
    BDR 1642: Coyote, 6 Speed Auto, Edelbrock Supercharger
    Member: www.MileHiCobraClub.com
    www.RacingTheExocet.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Cowan View Post
    I used this on my Kirkey aluminum seat. Very comfortable, and easy to fit. https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catal...?clickkey=4682
    I ordered 2 sheets of this for my passenger seat. Trying to get the wife more comfortable. I bought the blue and green, medium and soft. I did not get a good report from wife. I tried them myself and found them to be less beneficial than standard foam.
    This type of foam conforms and shapes to the body. All that is good, but it compresses to an almost solid. If you have a lot of vibration, it might be more beneficial, or is combined with a sheet of regular foam.
    Not to bash the suggestion, but I had over $70 in 2 sheets and did not get the results I needed. JMO
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info , My foam is almost 20 years old so maybe I'll try replacing it , Thanks Ed

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Cowan View Post
    I used one layer of the pink and blue foams, perfect! I can ride for hours in comfort.
    Non-donor - Engine Factory 351w/400hp - TKO500 - 3-Link - Cobra brakes - FFmetal - Wilwood pedals - FR500 wheels - NCPainter

Owner of FFmetal.com

7. Likes Railroad, Bob Cowan liked this post