BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Breeze cooling system pipes

Post Thanks / Like

Breeze cooling system pipes

Any one used the cooling system pipe kit from Breeze that replaces the corrugated coolant lines? I am currently installing the GEN II front and rear kit. I am thinking I will need to modify/shorten the side pipes provided with the kit in order to get all the lines to fit the way I would like them. (like nothing else has needed to be modified to make it fit the way I want it to!) It's the rear pipes I'm not happy with at this point. Just wondering what other people have experienced.

Thanks,

Robert.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had to take several inches off the FFR pipes to make them fit or they hit the front lower control arm.

I was strongly considering installing the breeze kit when I next remove the side sails/rockers but I'm not 100% sure it will fit with the trimmed down tubes. Or maybe, because you re-use that tube it will fit perfect?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have Mark's upper radiator hose on my 331 and I love it. I finished the assembly off with a couple of Gates shrink hose clamps and its very solid. I will be replacing the lower radiator hose at some point once funds are made available. I never could get the FFR spiral tubing setup to be completely leak free.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the cooling pipe kit from Mike Everson (I'm guessing it's the same thing as the Breeze kit? Both located in MA?) and I recall having to trim the rubber elbows a tiny bit in the rear. Much easier to cut those than cutting metal. Otherwise a perfect fit. If you do end up cutting the piping, keep in mind there is a barbed lip to keep the hose from slipping off the pipe that you'll probably have to recreate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Check with Wayne at Very Cool Parts. I used his design and I fit right up and no leaking.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the breeze kit fit perfect works great

Post Thanks / Like

For those doing the cooling pipes themselves, I bought a 180, 90, aand 45 deg 1.5 in bends and few ft of straight pipe to make my own from Frozen Boost. About $15 ea for bends.
    Looking thru the Gates pictoral book of molded hose I posted about a few days ago, I found the above offset hose which is good to use on lower radiator hose to get to area where alum bend
    will terminate.
    Hope this helps someone.