FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 1997 Mustang Cobra throttle cable question

Post Thanks / Like

1997 Mustang Cobra throttle cable question

I am using a 97 mustang cobra engine and a Russ Thompson throttle pedal. If anyone is using this set up are they using the supplied F5 throttle cable or something different?

Thanks Craig

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Craig,
    I have the same set up as you describe using the FFR supplied cable. Just at go cart stage and haven't seen an issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I was having issues attaching to the gas pedal but I think I got it figured out. Also, the cable seemed very long from he throttle body to the front of the foot box wall. Good to know that someone with the same setup has it working without issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the FFR accelerator cable on a 1998 Mustang Cobra engine. The length is just fine and I have it tied to my oil catch can hoses. On the pedal end I have a Russ Thompson gas pedal. To attach the cable I cut off the cable ferrule and inserted the end of the cable in a short sleeve with a set screw that came in my kit from FFR which I believe was intended for another engine setup. Apologize for the photo...it is a tight space.Gas Pedal Cable Connector.jpgAccelerator Cable.jpgAccelerator Cable 2.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks much for the pictures. I was able to get it working this weekend. I really appreciate the effort and the pictures.