Quote Originally Posted by erlihemi View Post
You're going to make me go measure the 460 BBF aren't you! I briefly looked at relocating the rack early in my project when I was considering a blown stroker 392. Sobered up on Sunday and scratched that idea. But, there is 1" to gain by flipping the rack brace forward of the tube behind the coil overs. It requires an angle cut above the lower control arm bushings so you can put the mount forward, flip it, and weld it back in. Something NAZ would do in less than 1/2 hour minus the paint drying. Not sure how it would affect geometry to the spindle, Ackerman, and bump steer, but, once you go BBF I doubt you need more than 4 degrees caster, so maybe the math works out. Next problem is the top of the Ford bellhousing hitting the firewall tubing. This is where my 130 tooth Mopar bell won the tunnel race. I do have a lot of set back and found foot room with shorter clutch fork mod. keeps the left quad in shape.
I would like to see a little more robust bracketry in the front and lose that FFR radiator mount attached to the upper control arm. Getting a wider, taller radiator and bumper would go along with the truck theme.
No trailer Hitch on a truck is like no turbo on an 818!! Something's gotta pull the R chassis!
Brian;
I'm not that familiar with the FF Cobra replica line but IIRC they are front steer and I think all the geometry is dialed in better from years of
improvements on that kit. Jim kept everything very tight and thus very lightweight on the original 33 design so that limited a lot of options.

Battery size and location on the truck chassis was also something we discussed on my visit and something feedback was already suggesting.

I would love to see a MKII design of the 33 chassis that was opened up a bit in the front allowing front steer and more engine room including
further forward engine placement options. In the past we have also talked about more round tubes with bends vs sq tubes with more welds etc.

The Plymouth wider grille and the trucks more straight up style grille are both steps in the more space is better kit where options and comfort trump weight.
Changing the rack location and the birdcage the coil overs fit in would be the next 2 logical steps in that direction. I'm not a Chevy guy nor a hater of any
marque but after seeing Glens vette donor coupe and the longer 33 chassis they are just meant for each other. I may push Jim and Dave to think about all
they learned from the GTM on the Chevy stuff and offer that scenario on the final truck design. LS motors, torque tubes, transaxles and vette suspension and
brakes are all well sorted out components so why not use them here.

As far as the no trailer hitch comment the 33 is so short of trunk space that it needs one too. I did hide mine behind the license plate but it's on there.
Would you really choose the truck over a sedan delivery if both were offered?
Dale