FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: '33 Pickup?!? NO! '35 Hot Rod Truck!

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if the gold control arms are just alodined, or are they painted? Looks very cool with the brown!

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alternator needs to match and/or get mounted down low. Copper always seems to look good on vintage builds. A hood ornament to complement the colors would be nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KW33 View Post
    I wonder if the gold control arms are just alodined, or are they painted? Looks very cool with the brown!
    My guess would be painted or powder coated. I don't think steel can be treated like aluminum with alodine.
    Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe builder

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    New pic made public!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    New pic made public!

David,

1. Please go to SEMA and see how well you fit in the new truck.
    2. Then report back to the group on your findings.
    3. No Dino Roof Modifications Allowed!

Steve

Man This Teaser Pic Looks Promising!

Post Thanks / Like
    There was an extra one published in their blog post too.. and interestingly it was titled "'35 pickup" ?!?

ffrpickup.jpg

Last edited by David Hodgkins; 10-27-2017 at 11:45 AM. Reason: added non-thumbnail image
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    Holy Guacamole, that's one sweet truck ! Nice wheels, too!
    Telescopes are instruments of hope and faith. Hope that a better, clearer and brighter universe can be observed. Faith that we can bring these discoveries back to our small planet and create positive changes for all of it's inhabitants.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sorry guys,

I've been told the truck is still under wraps. The image was not to be released, and showed up in a since-edited piece.

Please, if you got it, don't re-post it.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    Sorry guys,

I've been told the truck is still under wraps. The image was not to be released, and showed up in a since-edited piece.

Please, if you got it, don't re-post it.

Turns out that pic is good to go! Sorry for the confusion; was I guess a little over-zealous covering FFR's back. I've asked RoadRacer to re-post the pic(I didn't save it myself!).

Sorry RoadRacer!

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRacer View Post
    There was an extra one published in their blog post too.. and interestingly it was titled "'35 pickup" ?!?

ffrpickup.jpg
    Wow!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not real big on the truck as I am on the color and paint scheme of the engine and body. Those colors are amazing and I love copper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Will there be fenders over the wheels...I am not 100% sure on rules, but I don't think you can have open tires like that. Well not in Canada (someone correct me if I am wrong). Love the truck idea, but I was thinking more of a fat tire then skinny's.
    Team Bouffard
    GenII #369 - SOLD
    1968 Camaro - work in progress

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RF RIDER View Post
    Will there be fenders over the wheels...I am not 100% sure on rules, but I don't think you can have open tires like that. Well not in Canada (someone correct me if I am wrong). Love the truck idea, but I was thinking more of a fat tire then skinny's.

Fenders , hood and sides will most likely be released when the kit is. This is just a prototype for SEMA. I am sure they will judge interest in the truck and go forward from there. That is my best guess. wink, wink.

Post Thanks / Like
    You are correct in all of the points you made. When I was there to pick up my kit last month Nate told me that there will be a full options package including running boards etc... From the back of the cab is a regular FFR33, however right after the cab is where it changes to allow for a different gas tank location and rear end.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RF RIDER View Post
    But, yes, there are plenty of states where tires can be exposed legally.. and some where at least you're unlikely to get ticketed. But, there are places where it's a hot item, like window tint.
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Shot of the bed released today.

Interesting...

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not much depth on the bed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wallace18 View Post
    Not much depth on the bed.
    The bed is shallow, Jim and I talked about that when I was at FF awhile back but I don't recall why it is.
    The fuel tank is a Cobra style low and clear in the back and it is a live axle so the height isn't related to an IRS cradle yet.
    The banana bracket and coil overs are likely the cause at this point but this is the beta version.
    Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a SEMA setup video on Factory five’s facebook page that has a short glimpse of the truck.
    FFR8551 289 FIA build in progress.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I am a bit disappointed. Don't get me wrong it does look nice but for some reason I had a slightly different picture of the finished truck. A bit higher up with a deeper bed. I guess I'll just have to get down to FF after SEMA to get a better look. I'm not a copper guy but I do like what they have done.

Edited to add now I know why it looks lower, I had in my mind a wood siding on the rear sides that makes the bed deeper, a al Waltons sort of.
    Last edited by KDubU; 10-28-2017 at 03:37 PM.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Suggestion to FF....if your going to make a Pick Up make sure it's a usable truck bed.
    The most sought after request from potential owners is STORAGE so a useable truck bed would be a worthwhile investment.
    Maybe raise the suspension a little, it appears as if the rear axle passing thru the bottom of the bed.
    If you make it a working bed at least 16" deep with an option for a cover I'll buy it
    Just my 2 cents.

EFI Rules and Carbs Drool Arrowhead's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, the bed does look shallow - but we're a crafty bunch and I'll bet there's a lot of opportunities for creative storage ideas under the bed. In fact, I'd almost rather have a hinged floor and access to weather tight storage compartments.

EFI Rules and Carbs Drool Arrowhead's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here ya go!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowhead View Post
    Here ya go!
    Looks like hot rod UPS truck.

Is it my eyes, the camera angle, or is there a ton of camber on the right front?

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like it!!! But would want some big wide tires.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    It's an automatic! Sacrilege! Love it anyway. So many ways to build on this platform, it's going to be great to see the various ways people build it.
    Last edited by flynntuna; 10-30-2017 at 01:29 PM.

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flynntuna View Post
    It's an automatic! Sacrilege! Love it anyway. So many ways to build on this platform, it's going to be great to see the various ways people build it.
    OMG! Bench seat with a Stick has to be an old whiny top loader. Needs floor mount pedals and a foot starter too!! Definitely need to see more of the frame back half. Potential storage under the bed with tail gate access. The kit page lists full fenders and running boards, but I cant see putting the 33 rear fenders on it. No room for the 33" M/T's. I definitely will be looking at potential for a different back half on the body also. Wide Artillery wheels with retro tires might look good along with fat fenders.

Has potential for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    So great to see the truck added to the mix of builds, now I'm conflicted.....do the 33 hot rod or the 35 truck. I guess do the 33 first then do the 35, sounds like a plan.

Great job FFR

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    My advice is to go with the hot rod while they work out details on the truck. I hate being the BETA tester on my own nickel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erlihemi View Post
    My advice is to go with the hot rod while they work out details on the truck. I hate being the BETA tester on my own nickel.
    Good advice, the 33 it is, now I have to finish the built in's our my study that my wife has been asking for, hopefully I'll purchase it the first of 2018.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123