BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Brake angle

Post Thanks / Like

Brake angle

Hello. First time building an FFR '33 and I am not sure if the brake caliper/rotor are suppose to angle in towards the engine bay. If anyone has any tips, I would appreciate it. I included some pics but I don't know if you can see what I mean.
    Attached Images Attached Images

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you referring to the negative camber on display in the photos? If so, that's an adjustment you will be making or having a shop set for you. Even if you plan to have a shop do the alignment you'll have to get caster, camber, and toe set close enough to drive it. Or am I missing something else in those photos??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NAZ View Post
    Are you referring to the negative camber on display in the photos? If so, that's an adjustment you will be making or having a shop set for you. Even if you plan to have a shop do the alignment you'll have to get caster, camber, and toe set close enough to drive it. Or am I missing something else in those photos??
    Yes. It just seemed like it was angled too much and I'm not sure how to get them to be straighter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Normal, at this stage. Google "factory five 33 alignment" and you'll find threads describing a home process.
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    You also have those drooping by the looks of it. Normal ride height should have the lower arms closer to parallel with the ground, and that should straighten the calipers out a bit as the spindle rises.

EFI Rules and Carbs Drool Arrowhead's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The upper arms are fixed, the lower ones are where you adjust caster and camber. By the looks of it, you can suck the lower arms in about and inch - lots of adjustment left there.