Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 33 specs

Post Thanks / Like

33 specs

I'm looking at the specs for the hotrod in the catalog and it says 2150 in the write-up and 2250 pounds (est) in the specs list for weight. I'm assuming this is sans engine. Can anyone verify that?

Also, I'm looking to make the hardtop a convertible hard top. Any idea if the width of the trunk will allow such a mod without serious modifications to the shape of the top?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frankp View Post
    I'm looking at the specs for the hotrod in the catalog and it says 2150 in the write-up and 2250 pounds (est) in the specs list for weight. I'm assuming this is sans engine. Can anyone verify that?

Also, I'm looking to make the hardtop a convertible hard top. Any idea if the width of the trunk will allow such a mod without serious modifications to the shape of the top?
    2150 would be the weight with the motor.
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Post Thanks / Like
    But that's roadster, not hardtop I believe.
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Also, I'm looking to make the hardtop a convertible hard top. Any idea if the width of the trunk will allow such a mod without serious modifications to the shape of the top?"

If you're asking will the hardtop fit into the trunk area the answer is no. The hardtop is designed to be removable and stored when not in use. Like a Jeep Wrangler top. There's not much storage space in these little cars.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've read of weights up to 2600 verified for a completed car.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just completed a '33 with Coyote, AODE, A/C, Power steering, power windows, wipers, with half tank of fuel it weighed 2450, with a 50/50 weight bias less than 10 lbs difference all four wheels, front left to front right 2 lbs.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm looking at base weight sans engine because I'm doing mine as an electric vehicle and need to do some calculations. I'm thinking I need to make a trip to the factory to see just how much space it has. Hard top convertible is a goal but I was already suspecting it might be unrealistic. I'll keep thinking about ways I might be able to make it work. I was actually thinking last night if there might be a way to move it to the engine compartment instead of the trunk.
    Last edited by frankp; 07-21-2017 at 06:52 PM.