FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Water temp switch and sender

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Water temp switch and sender

I have an Edelbrock 7521 intake manifold like the one in the photo. I've already put my water temp switch in the port behind the water neck. My water neck does not have a port for a sender or switch and switching it out looks like a nightmare. One of the mounting bolts is blocked by the water pump. The port with the red circle is blocked by the fuel line. I've heard the one circled in blue is not great because an air pocket can form there or just stagnant water. Any suggestions? My engine is a Ford 302.

7521.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    The blue one is not for water. Its in the intake passage. You could drill and tap the thermostat housing in place and vacuum out the chips.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hey Mike thanks for the response. How about the red one? I was just thinking about removing the hard fuel line and replacing it with a braided hose. Is this port suitable? I know I can drill and tap, but trying to keep it simple.

Post Thanks / Like
    The red one will work just fine.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jlfernan View Post
    ...I was just thinking about removing the hard fuel line and replacing it with a braided hose...
    . that is a good idea even w/o the need to use the red port. If you ever do any work on your carb you will be glad you have a flexible hose instead of a hard line.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.