Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Carb replacement EFI

Post Thanks / Like

Carb replacement EFI

Does anyone have any experience with a drop in carb replacement EFI system? Something like Holley's Sniper EFI system or I think FiTech makes one for a lot cheaper that people have been giving good reviews.

Just been browsing around since I cant resist planning upgrades for my SBC even though I'm only 75% done with my build. I am interested in reliability, performance, and just general benefits. My 33 will be a cruising car with an occasional day at the track (just for fun, not serious racing) and having always been frustrated in the past with carbs I was curious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Message Tom Wallace (wallace18). He recently built a FFR Roadster with FITECH injection. Car seems to run extremely well!
    "If everything seems to be coming your way, you're probably in the wrong lane."

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the FiTech 600. Pretty darn sweet IMHO

Post Thanks / Like
    we have had pretty good luck also with the FITECH
    you will have to learn some though.
    The traveling Builder
    717-773-5624

Post Thanks / Like
    When I was shopping, I looked at both the Sniper and the Fitech. Both were comparable with built in computers and fuel regulators. Price was about the same also. I went with the Fitech as there was 2 month waiting period for the Holley Sniper and I just couldn't wait to get my motor running. ��

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I put the Holly sniper on my 306 I built last winter. The motor started at the first flick of the key, and the throttle response was excellent. And as long as you don't dip your head too deep into the engine compartment,
    the engine looks Old school carbureted. I want power and drivability, and I've had good luck with Holley for 40 years.