BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: did it

Post Thanks / Like

did it

I ended up buying a mark 3 roadster rather than building, will see how I like it then maybe build one. the only things wrong with it are it needs a new windshield[crack] and it came with the kirkey high back seats and I want to get the low back seats with adjusters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pictures?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations! pics?

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    will get them up tomorrow. thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrat's on your new wheels ! I hope you really enjoy the experience of driving it. Just don't get crazy with the throttle pedal, until you get a good feel for it. They have been known to bite.

The cracked windshield is almost a right of passage if you own an FFR..
    If its not obscuring your vision, you can still enjoy your new ride this summer, and do that, and the seats, as a winter project. Many members of the cracked windshield club turn to using the Fast Freddie's Lexan replacement.
    Your seats could be offered in trade for some low backs, here on the forum classifieds. You might also find some seat sliders listed for sale on them, or post a WTB (want to buy) ad.

Post Thanks / Like
    106_0478.JPG106_0480.JPG106_0481.JPG

thanks here are some pictures, had someone reply to my ad about the seats already. is the windshield fairlt easy to replace?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by alv69 View Post
    106_0478.JPG106_0480.JPG106_0481.JPG
    thanks here are some pictures, had someone reply to my ad about the seats already. is the windshield fairlt easy to replace?
    It helps if you have long arms.. I had to reach the passenger side windshield post, nuts, and bolts, from under the hood, or via the fender vent hole, and it's quite a reach. You can only turn the wrench a bit at a time, so you need some stamina..lol

The drivers side post bolts/nuts, I was able to reach from the cockpit side, while kneeling on the floor with the door open. Awkward as heck, and it can be a tight squeeze for your hand, holding and working a wrench where you need to. I found I had to get a closed end wrench, to sort of jam against the frame, while turning the socket wrench, as there was no way I could get both my arms in there, to hold it. Again your short stroking the wrench, so it takes a little time to back the nuts completely off. It would help if you had a way to prop the windshield up, say using a stick or?, from the tranny cover to the top of the w/s frame. or even better if you have a buddy handy. You really need two people to lift the windshield out of the body, as it is heavy, and you risk scratching the paint otherwise.