BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: red, green and blue dash lights?

Post Thanks / Like

red, green and blue dash lights?

Anybody know what the deal is with the 3 different color dash lights that come with the kit?

Post Thanks / Like
    green for blinkers, blue for high beams, red can be a check engine light or something else
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the red as a charge indicator light right above my ignition switch. It goes on when I turn the key to "run" before starting the engine, then goes out when the engine starts. If it comes on when the engine is running, that means the alternator and/or voltage regulator is bad and the battery isn't getting a charge.
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Post Thanks / Like
    I used two green lights for left and right turn signal indicators, the blue light for the high beam and flash to pass, the the red as a multifunction light: ON steady for a low voltage condition, a slow blink for the starter ON with the transmission in gear and the clutch not depressed (starter is locked out in this case), and a fast blink for the parking brake not fully released with the clutch depressed. You can run the lights pretty much how ever you want. Or not at all if that's what you want.
    Last edited by boat737; 07-26-2017 at 10:46 PM.
    If Brute Force doesn't work, you're not using enough of it.
    Basic Stuff: MK4 Complete Kit #8439, Wilwood's, 17" Halibrands. Extra Stuff: Stainless brake and fuel lines, Breeze cooling, Battery mount, SS Roll Bar. Old Fart Stuff: Heater, Seat Heaters, Footbox Fresh Air, Stereo, Keyless ignition, Power Steering, Hyd Clutch.
    Young & Dumb Stuff: 427w Dart, TKO600, 3 link Moser M9/Ford 9", 3.5:1, Eaton TruTrac Posi. Graduation Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I went a little indicator light crazy..
    Besides the two green turn indicator's, the red alternator, and blue hi-beam, I have a green one for my manual over-ride cooling fan switch, an amber auxiliary driving light indicator, and a red e-brake reminder light.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AC Bill View Post
    I guess I went a little indicator light crazy..
    Besides the two green turn indicator's, the red alternator, and blue hi-beam, I have a green one for my manual over-ride cooling fan switch, an amber auxiliary driving light indicator, and a red e-brake reminder light.
    how did you wire in the e-brake light, what did you use for a switch?

Post Thanks / Like
    The e-brake itself had a switch. Very simple plunger type switch.
    Very simple to wire. Switched 12V+ source wire to one spade on the indicator bulb, the other spade is wired to the switch. One wire from switch to ground.
    The circuit is grounded when the e-brake is applied, and the light goes on. Add an inline fuse, or use the fuse-box itself as the power source. No relay required as it's such a low amperage bulb.
    Last edited by AC Bill; 07-27-2017 at 05:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks