Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Quick release windshield brackets

Forte's Parts Connection
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick release windshield brackets

Hi Guys,
    Many have asked me about quick release windshield brackets.
    I making a small production of these brackets.
    Any interests?
    Mike Forte
    Forte's Parts Connection
    40 Pearl Street
    Framingham, Mass. 01702
    [email protected]
    508 875 0016
    www.fortesparts.com
    https://www.facebook.com/Fortes-Part...6979956006023/
    Instagram: @fortespartconnection
    The Early Ford & FE Tremec were also originals from Mike. The Mustang firewall adjustable quadrant kit also is an original from Mike. His latest developments are external slave clutch release conversions & cable release conversions too.
    Tremec Elite Distributor for: T-5, T-56, T-56 Magnum & TKO-500 & TKO-600
    TKO-500 & TKO-600 Midshifter, Front shifter, offset Corvette shifter and more...
    A REAL SPEED SHOP with parts, price & knowledge....
    Est: 1981 selling & building performance parts to build your dream car...
    FORD RACING & QUICKTIME DISTRIBUTOR. NEW 5 LUG AXLES & BRAKE KITS & NEW 8.8\" REAREND IN BOTH IRS & FOX AXLE.
    Mike Forte: Forte's Parts Connection / Framingham, Mass. 01702 / 508 875 0016 / [email protected] / fortesparts.com / Facebook Instagram: @fortespartconnection Est: 1981 dealing performance parts to build your dream car. A REAL SPEED SHOP with parts, price & knowledge. Developer of the early Ford & FE Tremec and Mustang firewall adjustable quadrant kits, external slave clutch release conversions & cable release conversions. Tremec Elite, FORD RACING & QUICKTIME DISTRIBUTOR!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Mike, what would you be charging for these?
    Mk3 F5R4937, Carb'd 460BB, C4, 3-Link, A/C, APE Hardtop

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to ask - why would one want to 'quickly release' a windshield?
    FFR6243RD, MkIII, 3.55, IRS, pin-drive width, carb'd 351W, T5, 1/2 dropped butt, Fortes hydraulic clutch, deep dish AC-III wheels by Team III. 9 year build; NY registered 7/18/2016 - "Sweet 16" winner at 2016 Taconic State Nationals 5 days later ... in 'rough as hell' gel coat for the foreseeable future! Build Blog - Leave me a comment!

Register your car with the Factory Five Cars Rule! mobile app available from the app store

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe for switching from street to track?
    Finally started my build the beginning July. 2015!

Post Thanks / Like
    Eliminates having to wrestle with the mounting bolts. Not hard on the PS. Can be a little challenging on the DS reaching up behind the dash. Don't know what Mike's will be exactly. But this is what another version looks like. http://www.ffcars.com/forums/2050843-post8.html
    Last edited by edwardb; 08-04-2017 at 10:03 PM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been told that guy either passed away or is just no longer making them. I need a set.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's funny. I can't say I have ever been called dead before. I do run those in limited production sets, it's just not something I normally keep in stock.

I am still a vendor. I just reached out to Maddog to figure out what happened to my banner.
    Last edited by prophet; 08-04-2017 at 05:14 PM.
    Rick
    Lodestone Bililetworks
    Custom Fluid Line Clamping Systems and Custom Coatings
    http://www.lsbilletworks.com

FFR5308R

Post Thanks / Like
    I would be interested in knowing how they would work and how much they would cost.

The windshield has to come off to get the body off a mk4.
    Baghdad Bob

Complete Kit Delivered July 2010, serial @ 7287, Whitby Power Brakes, Whitby Tonneau, Power Steering w HEIDTS PS Valve, Hydralic clutch, 15" Wheels, BFG Tires, 331 stroker w Quick Fuel 650, RPM Heads, Air Gap Intake. IRS w 3.27, TKO-600. FFMETAL Firewall Forward, FFMETAL Dropped Battery Box in Trunk, Enlarged Passenger footbox, Breeze Cubby storage, Breeze Seat Brackets, Herbs Door Panels. Ford ruby red 12 coats.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by prophet View Post
    That's funny. I can't say I have ever been called dead before. I do run those in limited production sets, it's just not something I normally keep in stock.

I am still a vendor. I just reached out to Maddog to figure out what happened to my banner.
    A few years back I went to a "Paul Revere and the Raiders" concert. They were big in the 60's for the younger folk. Anyhow one of the T shirts they were selling was bright yellow and said "I aint dead yet". Just a thought for your web since your advert has disappeared from this site.
    Baghdad Bob

Complete Kit Delivered July 2010, serial @ 7287, Whitby Power Brakes, Whitby Tonneau, Power Steering w HEIDTS PS Valve, Hydralic clutch, 15" Wheels, BFG Tires, 331 stroker w Quick Fuel 650, RPM Heads, Air Gap Intake. IRS w 3.27, TKO-600. FFMETAL Firewall Forward, FFMETAL Dropped Battery Box in Trunk, Enlarged Passenger footbox, Breeze Cubby storage, Breeze Seat Brackets, Herbs Door Panels. Ford ruby red 12 coats.

Post Thanks / Like
    They sound interesting to me, I have wondered about the difficulty of windshield removal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mcwho View Post
    A few years back I went to a "Paul Revere and the Raiders" concert. They were big in the 60's for the younger folk. Anyhow one of the T shirts they were selling was bright yellow and said "I aint dead yet". Just a thought for your web since your advert has disappeared from this site.
    Ha! I kind of feel like the guy in the village who was being thrown on the dead wagon in Monty Python's Holy Grail. "I'm not quite dead yet."
    Rick
    Lodestone Bililetworks
    Custom Fluid Line Clamping Systems and Custom Coatings
    http://www.lsbilletworks.com

FFR5308R

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by teesalmon View Post
    They sound interesting to me, I have wondered about the difficulty of windshield removal.
    I loosened the fuse block panel (let it swing down out of the way) and was able to reach the drivers side bolts from below. PS can be seen from under the hood. Tapping a 1/2-13 thread vs drilling a thru hole makes it easier. Read several posts to discover this - not my idea. You can attach, then add the nuts afterwards.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by Ducky2009; 08-07-2017 at 07:51 PM.
    MK4 Build #9035 Delivered 2/17/17, First Start & Go-Kart 6/2/17, Licensed 9/1/17
    Paint - Lightning Blue Metallic, No Hood Scoop, No Stripes
    Gen 2 Coyote Engine & TKO-600. Solid Axle, 8.8-3.55, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Dual Roll Bars
    Heater and Glove Box, Drop Trunk, Wipers, Radio, FFR Vintage Gauges, Custom Dash
    Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...MK4-Build-9035

Post Thanks / Like
    For me, the QR pins allow about 10 minutes for the transformation from street to track. The windshield is just one part of an entire system. Other thing where I think it may help is that it makes it near impossible to install the windshield with a bunch of preload. If not about perfect the posts wont slide into the mounts.

From this
    DSC00451.JPG

To this
    DSC00471.JPG
    MKII "Little Boy". 432CI all aluminum Windsor. .699 solid roller, DA Koni shocks, aluminum IRS, Straight cut dog ring T-5, 13" four piston Brembos, Bogart wheels. BOOM!

Post Thanks / Like
    To this
    DSC00471.JPG[/QUOTE]

OK, mikeinatlanta... I think there are forum rules about photo teasing. You can't post that photo without showing us what's under that hood. Come on now.

-Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Straversi View Post
    To this
    DSC00471.JPG
    OK, mikeinatlanta... I think there are forum rules about photo teasing. You can't post that photo without showing us what's under that hood. Come on now.

-Steve[/QUOTE]

Steve I had the pleasure of seeing Mike's car in person before I started my build. He is very talented in his fabrication. I look forward to him getting that beast on the track and seeing some footage of it!
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Straversi View Post
    To this
    DSC00471.JPG

-Steve[/QUOTE]

Under the hood? This...
    DSC00029.JPG

Or did you mean this??
    DSC00091 (640x480).jpg
    Last edited by mikeinatlanta; 08-08-2017 at 01:28 PM.
    MKII "Little Boy". 432CI all aluminum Windsor. .699 solid roller, DA Koni shocks, aluminum IRS, Straight cut dog ring T-5, 13" four piston Brembos, Bogart wheels. BOOM!