Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joel's 818s Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by melnjoel View Post
    Just got my bell crank shifter from Zero Decibal Motorsports. Thanks, Craig! Now if I could just get my motor and transmission back, then I could start getting it all put together!
    i just installed mine with the MR2 shifter set-up and it is nice - smooth and crisp motion

Post Thanks / Like
    I am attempting to attach photos of getting the engine and transmission mounted in the car. This has been a big step for us in the build. It is so exciting for this thing to have a heart! Now we are just inching forward to the day that we can make it beat!

Post Thanks / Like

Off to be Tuned!

I have not been very good at posting to my build thread, but we have been slowly making progress. Thank you to all who have commented in answering my questions along the way! We have gotten our first start and a short drive around the neighborhood. Many of you know how exciting that is! And for those working to find out, it is awesome! I just thought I would post a couple of pics of the car trailered and on the way to the tuner. I can't believe how difficult it is to let it out of my sight!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    It has been way too long since I have posted to this thread, but I have been slowly making progress on the 818! After some additions to the cockpit area for seat and harness mounting, the seats have found a permanent home! We have had it out to drive a little bit to check for leaks, etc, and all seems good. We set the body panels on the other day and I am now looking through threads to try and figure out the best way to make everything line up. It is fun to see even my wife get a little bit excited about this project now that it is "starting to look like a car!"818 Body Panels.jpg818 Front.jpg

5. Likes Mitch Wright liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like you're making great progress!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Love seeing family builds with happy and excited faces. Hoping to do something with my sons when they're old enough as well. Keep up the progress.

8. Likes Mitch Wright liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have been slowly plugging away at our project, but then when my daughter announced her engagement, my wife told me that she wanted the 818 to be finished for the "getaway car." I let her know that she was opening the door for me to disappear into the shop so we could meet our short time frame. Well, the wedding is this weekend, and we are all excited for how things have come together! Front Left.jpgFront Right.jpgFront.jpgRear.jpg

It is titled, licensed, insured, and in a few days, I will have a wedding over and be able to enjoy it!!!

10. Likes Rob T, Hobby Racer, Kiwi Dave, AZPete, STiPWRD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love the color! Is it a wrap? What's the color name?
    MK3.1 Roadster completed 2011
    818R built with EZ36R H6 completed 2018
    818R rebuild with a JDM Honda K24A

Post Thanks / Like
    Great looking build! Love that color!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the CF humps, also a huge fan of the bronze color.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic looking car! When you get time you need to fill in the bit between attaching the seats and having a finished/registered and painted ride! Congrats & congrats!
    818SC chassis #206 EJ207 2.0L VF37 twin scroll || Cusco type RS 1.5 LSD || Wilwood pedal box (firewall attach) || Wilwood superlite front calipers
    BUILD Phase 1: 6/6/2014 car delivered || 5/24/2015 first start || 6/7/2015 go karted || 4/20/2016 hard-top-topped || 10/25/2016 registered || 11/18/2016 inspected & complete
    BUILD Phase 2: 3/8/2017 EJ207v8 || 5/29/2017 re-first re-start || 7/17/2017 re-assembled with race car bits

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobby Racer View Post
    Love the color! Is it a wrap? What's the color name?
    It is a 3M wrap called Matte Grey Aluminum. It looks bronze in some lights, like the pics above, but silver in sunlight. I am excited to get some good sunlight photos soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeb75 View Post
    Fantastic looking car! When you get time you need to fill in the bit between attaching the seats and having a finished/registered and painted ride! Congrats & congrats!
    Yeah! I got so focused on getting it done that I got really bad at posting progress!��

Post Thanks / Like
    My daughter is 6. Maybe I'll finish in time for her wedding too. lol. Looks great!
    Zero Decibel Motorsports
    Check out my new website!
    www.zerodecibelmotorsports.com
    www.facebook.com/zero.decibel.motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations on both the wedding and demand to go to the garage!
    Looks really great- got me thinking about wraps again... DIY or pro? Any comments in general on the wrap or process?
    818S #332, EZ30R H6, California licensed 01/2019

Post Thanks / Like
    What a conflagration of good stuff: daughter's wedding, relegated to the garage and licensed!
    We're looking forward to lots of pictures.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12