Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Still Chasin' The 25 Year Dream

Post Thanks / Like

Still Chasin' The 25 Year Dream

Hello FF Forum members! I'm not gonna' lie, I'm a long time lurker and have been wanting to build a roadster for over 25 years! I've got 2 kids in college and when they clear the nest I'm going to order my dream and start building it. I've looked at all the other cobra replicars and FFR has them beat hands down for what I want to do with mine when it's complete. You guys are awesome with helping out all us newbies and I'm sure I'll have my share of dumb questions in the future so I'll go ahead and say THANKS! in advance. I'm realistically looking at a order/build date in the fall of 2018 but I'm trying to gather as much information as possible before then so I can have the build somewhat figured out instead of changing directions in midstream. I was dead set on a 427W until I started looking at these new coyote engines! The possibilities for these cars are endless and I'm just getting started. I live in the central Georgia region (exactly between ATL and Macon) and if someone would like some free labor I'd be glad to come and help! I'm an old school drag racer, and I've spent the last 22 years working on commercial jets. I spent 13 years painting and stripping them and the last 8 working in an aircraft plating shop. I'm not new to turning wrenches or sanding composite structures so if anyone is interested I'd be glad to come and help and see how you put your dream together. Thanks, and I really look forward to meeting some of you guys one day and talking shop!

1volfan

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome. Im a newbie too. Yes, there is a wealth of information on these forums. Hope time flys by so you could purchace your Cobra.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Vspeeds I thought about buying a lottery ticket but that route has proved to be unsuccessful in the past so I'll just bide my time and keep learnin'. That '33 is a sharp looking ride as well but I've really got my heart set on the roadster now if I can just educate myself on these new fangled computer ran engines I might give that a go. I told my wife back in 2000 I would not buy another "new" car. My next car would be one I built so I could work on it. I'm used to being able to diagnose a vehicle from bumper to bumper and fix it. It ain't that easy anymore and all the cars look alike so there's not much to set them apart, except maybe a wing on the back of a front wheel drive car!

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1volfan,

Welcome Aboard and order the manual of the car that you want to build, read it a few times and then start planning your build if you are still truly interested in taking on this task.
    In addition, I waited a long time too and if you check out my 1st and 24th post of the attached thread, it may get you thinking about your own life and whether this is a journey worth taking.

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...-To-Life-Today!

Remember that time waits for no man nor any woman though some ladies beg to differ; however, my point is to not wait too long.
    Good Luck & Don't Let Life Get In The Way If You Can Help It!

Steve
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 08-08-2017 at 12:26 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have watched your videos before and like the different approach you have taken with your build! I did consider a bowtie as I have a '98 Z71 that was rolled just looking for something to slide that Vortec into. I really want to save that for my '79 CJ 7 project instead. I've built some hot rods and 1 '50 shoebox ford drag car so I'm pretty sure I can do it. The last builds were all done payday to payday and took several years to get rollin'. I want to purchase all my parts in one swoop and have most everything at hand BEFORE I start so as to avoid the payday to payday hassle. It's so much easier when you can look up and say I wander what it will look like when I put this on? Thanks for the encouragement and advice but after waiting this long the reward will be even sweeter!
    1volfan