BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Inventory Frustrations

Post Thanks / Like

Inventory Frustrations

Been taking inventory for a week now and getting totally frustrated. There are several boxes with dozens of unnumbered piece. Since I don't know the names of all these parts, how am I proceed????

Post Thanks / Like
    You received a lot of advice with this same question a couple weeks ago. http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...5279-Inventory. Those suggestions weren't helpful?
    Last edited by edwardb; 08-09-2017 at 12:10 PM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can compare the box contents to the box parts shown on the inventory list, then identify some, then the others by elimination. Then, for any pieces that still remain unnamed, post a photograph here and we will identify them for you. Actually, most guys think this is fun but don't take the first reply because some may be wrong.

Edit: I wrote this as the previous post was being written. Yes, lots of good advice given previously so I can't help. . . . unless you live near Scottsdale, AZ.
    Last edited by AZPete; 08-09-2017 at 12:07 PM.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Read through your instruction manual a couple of times and watch the build videos. Between the two resources you will learn what the pieces are called and what they look like. There will be a few items that are no longer used so they wont appear in the manual and might leave you scratching your head (like hood pin brackets) but there aren't many of these. Some FFR options like heaters, sway bars and full bumpers come with supplemental instructions that you can download from their website. If you ordered options, get the extra instructions and learn the names of the parts from the instruction. Once you can identify the major components, inventory will be much easier. If after all that you find a part or bag of parts that you cant identify, call FFR or post a photo and ask.

It will get easier.
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    Another option is don't worry about it. All the threads I have read over the years indicate FFR is pretty good at filling any back orders you may have.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    You will be fine. I had a few bags that were not labeled. You will figure it out pretty quickly as you go through the steps. Start building and no worries. I still go to lowe's for hardware every other week lol. It all depends on your build.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eamici View Post
    Been taking inventory for a week now and getting totally frustrated. There are several boxes with dozens of unnumbered piece. Since I don't know the names of all these parts, how am I proceed????
    Based on the subject of this thread and your previous thread with frustrations concerning inventory, your way over thinking this whole thing. You stated your having problems identifying parts that aren't labeled. Who cares. Start building and I guarantee the unlabeled parts will become clear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Screw the inventory. Way to Anal Retentive. Open the manual to page one. Find the F panel and secure it in place. Turn to page two.
    Last edited by Dave Howard; 08-10-2017 at 09:46 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found that by doing all the suggested things, that things fell into place for me. But if you are really uncomfortable with it, you may want to hire one of the builders to come give you a jump start and build your confidence. Another option is going to build school (I don't know if they do a lot of inventory, but it would certainly make you more familiar with the various parts).
    MK4 #9028 - Coyote - TKO600
    Delivery: 1/30/17 First Start: 7/23/17 Legal: 10/5/17 Graduated: 10/15/18
    Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...8-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't worry too much about unnumbered pieces. Like it's been mentioned the process of elimination will take care of most of those. The only reason we do inventory is to identify missing parts so you can contact FFR and to organize them to be able to find them while you build.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Give Mark a call (http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/membe...Mark-Dougherty) and hire him to help get you started.

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eamici View Post
    I can understand your frustration, I have been building cars for years, I know what every part listed should look like, but a few threw me for a loop. Perhaps you could invite some local builders over your house for Pizza and Beer and have them help.

Doing inventory is important because I found of all the pieces, I was missing a few things. I was missing any hardware for mounting the rear shocks, the heater, and my J-pipes, and the horn button was damaged. Basically, 99% is correct most of the time. But you do inventory to make sure that nothing was missed.
    Last edited by 6t8dart; 08-10-2017 at 02:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you need help I would be happy to spend time on the phone with you going over what is what

just stay calm

grab a beer

grab the phone

and tag a friend
    The traveling Builder
    717-773-5624

Post Thanks / Like
    How do you eat an Elephant?......one bit at a time.
    In this case, one box at a time.
    Build 1: MkIV Roadster #8675. Deliv: 8/15/2015.
    FFR MkIV complete kit. / 5.0 Coyote Motor / T56 Magnum Trans / 2015 IRS / 18' Halibrand w/Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 Tires
    FFMetal: Firewall Forward, Trans Tunnel top, Battery Box, Fan Shroud
    Russ Thompson: Turn signal Assembly, Trunk Box Mod.
    Breeze: SS Roll Bars(2), Power Steering rack, and much more.
    Mike Forte: supplied 5.0 Coyote & T56 Magnum Trans