Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2002 Mustang Fuel Pump Volume Problem

Post Thanks / Like

2002 Mustang Fuel Pump Volume Problem

I am using a 2002 Mustang gas tank and fuel pump in my Roadster. I have a 4 bbl carb on the car. When I get into the carb secondaries, the carb is not getting enough fuel. There was a fuel pump control module on the 2002 Mustang that I am not using. I just have the fuel pump wired to 12V power source. I am now suspecting that the fuel pump control module was increasing the speed of the pump and therefore volume of fuel flow under high fuel demand conditions. Can anyone verify if this is the case. It looks like the fuel pump control for a 96 to 98 Mustang is different from that of a 99 to 04 Mustang. Engine is a 2002 4.6 SOHC.

Thanks.

Wade

Post Thanks / Like
    You're running a 4bbl carb right? With a stock mustang EFI fuel pump? How do you have this plumbed? Is it dead-headed at the carb? do you have a fuel pressure regulator? If so.. which one?
    An EFI based fuel pump should have more than enough flow to keep up with the low-pressure demands of pretty much any normal carb setup... just need to have the pressure regulated to something the carb can handle (5-6psi).