In another thread a poster suggested a safety thread and I thought that was a great idea. That thread was about aluminum sheet fabricating but let's open this to anything having to do w/ building an FFR.
My two are these;
1- Actually I was using a radial arm saw on wood many years ago when my wife came into the garage and yelled my name-loud enough I could hear it over the saw. I jumped, fortunately w/o injury. Turned off the saw and had a short conversation w/ her explaining how it was easily cutting through a 2x6 so what it could do to me. I asked her from then on, to come into the garage, and flash the lights off and on until I got the message, and turned off whatever tool I was using. She still does it.
2- When cutting something on the band saw saw I don't push the piece w/ my hands and arms. I set my hands out at the edge of the table, so part of the rear edge of the palms are over hanging the table, and I push w/ my fingers. This way my hands and arms are somewhat locked into place so, if something happens, I don't have my arm muscles pushing my fingers into the blade. I also use any variety of scraps of metal or wood between my fingers and the piece being cut.
3- Ok a third one. If you are figuring out how to do something and your plan has the little guy in the back of your head saying something like, 'a little scary but it will be OK', STOP. Find another way.