Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: I'm Finally Back To Working On My MK-4

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm Finally Back To Working On My MK-4

Hey Gang,

My build has been on hold ever since February, but I'm finally back to swinging wrenches, solo style, once more.

What caused the 1st delay was having to repair my daily driver in February & March, but after that some things got interesting. What caused my major delay was the fact that I had an accident in April when I was changing a window regulator in my brother's over the top on Go-Go Juiced, Spinning Aint Winning, Mecham 427 Trans Am. I severed my pinkie and damaged the knuckles and tendons in my ring and social fingers so things were a tad messy on my left hand, which has been on the mend ever since. I finally got released this past week, though I may still have another surgery later this year; however, I can finally properly grip the steering wheel, ride my motorcycle and most important grip and swing a wrench.

Thank God they had a great orthopedic hand surgeon (Dr. Brian Kindl) on call on that fateful day and he did his best repairing what he could and made my Dr. Evil Pinkie quite nice looking and somewhat functional. I finally started solo wrench swinging on The Chevy Cobra yesterday and can actually do useful things with that hand once more.

Please Be Careful If You Are Changing A Window Regulator On Anything, Especially Your Brother's Over The Top Go-Go Juiced Trans Am!

Steve

PS: Yes, I am left handed.
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 08-13-2017 at 10:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear your back at it steve and not to worse for the wear. The older I get, the more I tell myself to slow things down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great to hear you're healing and back working on your build. Scary stuff there.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    Great to hear you're healing and back working on your build. Scary stuff there.
    Thanks Sir Paul, and though it wasn't fun I was able to call in My A-Team to tackle any issues we had when we did our 1st start back in June.
    I put the car back up on Jack Stands shortly after since gripping the steering wheel wasn't good at all during our 1st Go-Kart test.
    Hope to put it back on the ground and driving it around today, but more likely it will be next weekend.
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 08-13-2017 at 08:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve: Sorry to hear of your accident, but glad to hear you are healed and back at it now!

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear you're doing better. Hopefully the surgery later this year doesn't slow you down too much.
    David
    MK4 Build #9035 Delivered 2/17/17, First Start & Go-Kart 6/2/17, Licensed 9/1/17
    Paint - Lightning Blue Metallic, No Hood Scoop, No Stripes
    Gen 2 Coyote Engine & TKO-600. Solid Axle, 8.8-3.55, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Dual Roll Bars
    Heater and Glove Box, Drop Trunk, Wipers, Radio, FFR Vintage Gauges, Custom Dash
    Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...MK4-Build-9035

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you're good again and back to your build. Life can have a way of changing our plans. Glad to hear you stuck with it through all your adversity.
    JRL16
    Mk4 delivered 4/28/16. First start 10/15/16. First gocart 11/10/16. Engine Factory 427W. 750 carb. Tremec TKO600. 2015 IRS. Power steering. Whitby power brakes. Wilwood brakes. 18" wheels. Falken tires. Sway bars front and rear. Forte hydraulic clutch and mechanical throttle linkage. Scott's Hot Rods triple reservoir. Ceramic coated headers. Gas’n sidepipes. Heated seats. Herb Fraser walnut door panels. Wipers. Console.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you are back at it. Been looking forward to seeing you finish up.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Gentlemen!

Please be careful if you ever need to change a window regulator or better yet, send the car to a dealership since those guys probably change those things all the time.
    Going back into the Go-Dad-Go Cave of Wonders to swing a few more wrenches on FFR #8,515.
    You have no idea how happy I am to be back with my tools in hand, the left hand that is.

Steve

PS: Today Is International Left Handers Day!
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 08-13-2017 at 01:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    GoDadGo,

Glad you're back working on your FFR. Left-handed people are in their right mind, ya know!

Fellow South-Paw,
    David
    My Saving Grace: John 3:16

FFR6687, Graduate #39 in the Class of 2009
    The Factory Five Forum March 2012 POM

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve that's great news!!congrats

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Your accident sounds very cringe worthy. Glad they were able to repair you and you can get back to the Chevy Cobra.
    Good Luck and keep us posted on your build progress.
    Last edited by MPTech; 08-13-2017 at 09:58 PM.
    F5R #7446: MK4, 302, T5 midshift, 3.55 Posi IRS, 17" Halibrands
    Delivered 4/4/11, First start 9/29/12, Licensed 4/24/13, off to PAINT 2/15/14!! Wahoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Gang,

Installed my shorter lower control arms today to get my pinion angle and yoke depth where I wanted it to be.
    Then took my better half over to Bay St. Louis for dinner at our favorite harbor front dive known as The Blind Tiger.
    Will be bleeding brakes, changing coolant, pulling the oil pan to inspect the bottom end before putting #8,515 back on her wheels.
    After that, I'll be installing the seats (Breeze Automotive Mounts) and cockpit carpet and seat belts for some Proper Go Kart Testing.
    Thanks again and it is good to be back swinging wrenches once more, though I doubt that the car will make it to Cruising The Coast in October.

https://cruisinthecoast.com/

Steve
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 08-13-2017 at 10:33 PM.