Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: In tank fuel pump hardware

Post Thanks / Like

In tank fuel pump hardware

Anyone know what i need to install an in-tank factory style fuel pump onto the supplied complete kit fuel pickup? It would appear i need some type of bracket, but my searches have turned up empty. Thanks.
    FFR8551 289 FIA build in progress.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can't use the kit pickup with a pump. You need a new assembly made specifically for a fuel pump. Something like this example from Breeze: http://www.breezeautomotive.com/details.php?prod_id=402. You can buy them with or without the actual pump. Variables include the volume rating of the pump, diameter of the inlet and outlet, and type of connection you want for the fuel lines.

Note you can sell the NIB supplied kit pickup on the forum. You won't make a mint, but helps a little.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    We have this one from a recent build we were working on for a customer. It's from a 94/95 Mustang GT. We have an extra filter sock for the bottom of the pick-up (brand new) and a brand new o-ring gasket and locking ring. Unknown condition of the pump but you would probably want a brand new one anyways. $50 plus the shipping to you.

Fuel Pump Bracket by , on Flickr

Fuel Pump Bracket and Pump by , on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    You can't use the kit pickup with a pump. You need a new assembly made specifically for a fuel pump. Something like this example from Breeze: http://www.breezeautomotive.com/details.php?prod_id=402. You can buy them with or without the actual pump. Variables include the volume rating of the pump, diameter of the inlet and outlet, and type of connection you want for the fuel lines.

Note you can sell the NIB supplied kit pickup on the forum. You won't make a mint, but helps a little.
    Ok great, i saw that assembly on Breeze's website and wondered if the two assemblies were different. Thanks, I'll put that on my list to buy.
    FFR8551 289 FIA build in progress.