Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: InfinivyBox and CHasis Wiring Harness

Post Thanks / Like

InfinivyBox and CHasis Wiring Harness

I'm considering the InfiinityBox for my upcoming 818s project, But have a couple questions. Has anyone used it along with keeping the ABS brakes? Do you still have to keep parts of the original harness. How about using it with the instrument cluster. I'm supposing you still need part of the original harness to take any ecu error codes to dis[lay them on the engine warning light?

The InfinityBox relly looks like a great product but just wondering how much of the original harness do you keep?

Thanks
    Glenn

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by grathke View Post
    I'm considering the InfiinityBox for my upcoming 818s project, But have a couple questions. Has anyone used it along with keeping the ABS brakes? Do you still have to keep parts of the original harness. How about using it with the instrument cluster. I'm supposing you still need part of the original harness to take any ecu error codes to dis[lay them on the engine warning light?

The InfinityBox relly looks like a great product but just wondering how much of the original harness do you keep?

Thanks
    Glenn
    If you're refereing to the AEM Infinity you will want to make absolutely sure it will work with your setup. They DO NOT work with the 2.0L engines as they cannot use the cam/crank pattern from the 205 engines. If you have a later model engine/harness/ecu they can be adapted to work.
    Owner/builder - AEM Intakes 818R #85

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm considering using it (the InfinityBox PDM). But I haven't gotten to the wiring yet so I can't answer your questions. IIRC there was someone on here that has used it.
    818R Build date 10/31/15

Post Thanks / Like
    This IBox: www.infinitybox.com

I have that along with inTOUCH. But I do not have a Subaru drivetrain nor cluster, so I cannot answer your question. However Jay asked me the question if I was using ABS and I am not.

What is the problem with ABS and changing the wiring? What is your concern? Do you need to plug something from the ABS to IBox?
    Frank
    818 chassis #181 powered by a '93 VW VR6 Turbo GT3582R
    Go-karted Aug 5, 2016 - Then May 19+21, 2017
    Tracked May 27/July 26, 2017
    Build time before being driveable on Sep 27, 2019: over 6000h
    Build Completed Winter 2021