FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Wilwood Master Cylinders

Post Thanks / Like

New Wilwood Master Cylinders

I have been noticing the new black Master Cylinders from Wilwood. While I have the old ones that came with the kit Im wondering if there is any advantage to replace with new (black) ones? Another question is has anyone had to replace master cylinders for ANY reason (new or old)? I would love to nip any problems with these before final intall in the bud. Thanks in advance.

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    I replaced a Wilwood M/C for my clutch as I needed a bigger piston (nothing wrong with the original) and it seems they no longer carry the plain aluminum version. Since mine are visible under the dash of my 33HR I would have preferred them to be all the same color but that's just an aesthetics thing. The new black M/C is the same as the old plain aluminum colored ones. If the color difference bothered me enough I'd buy two new black powdered coated M/Cs but I'm not building a show car. Not sure about the other FFR cars but mine is likely the only 33HR that the M/Cs are visible.

Post Thanks / Like
    @NAZ.
    What size master did you use for clutch? I have the Tilton throw out.

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    BigB, I replaced a Wilwood #260-10372 Compact 3/4" M/C with a Wilwood #260-15092 GS Compact .813" M/C for my juice clutch. The GS Compact M/Cs are like FFR supplies in the kit, the other M/C is a different configuration and can be outfitted with an integral or remote reservoir. I'm using an American Powertrain Hydramax T/O and was looking to shorten the pedal throw a little. I'm willing to put up with a harder to push pedal to get faster shifts as I'm building a drag car. I haven't tried the combo yet as my trans is still at Liberty Gears getting face plated. So I can't comment yet on how well it works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody else have an opinion or changed for some reason?