Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: LCA help

Post Thanks / Like

LCA help

I need some help. I noticed on my finished car that the rear bushings were not on correctly, plus I decided it was a good opportunity to rotate the bushing pin for a little more caster. I managed to get things apart but I'm having problems getting the bolts lined up to get the bushings back in their brackets. I need to loosen up the LCA so that I can get it to move a bit outward. What do I need to disconnect? The top shock mount? Upper A arm? Sway bar? all of the above? It's a pain with all the splash panels in, I may need to drill some out for better access.

Post Thanks / Like
    You might try backing off the collar on the spring to unload it some, that helped when I added some shims to the LC setup. Still a pain though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Managed to get the passenger side done without removing or cutting anything. I'm going to hurt in the morning from the contortions I went through. Driver side may be more difficult with steering shaft in the way. Luckily I don't have much else to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    tgf .....I had to go through the same thing when I found my rear LCA bushings oriented upside down. I assume you mean "by not on correctly" that the squiggle was in the wrong orientation? The two lengths are not equal, and you want the squiggle oriented down, which pushes the LCA bushing further out.
    Luckily for me it was just the passenger side. However, I was relieved that it could be done without taking the splash panels out.
    Last edited by Harley818; 08-16-2017 at 01:49 PM.
    Harley
    Bought 2002 Donor Jan 2014
    First Start Jan 18, 2015
    First Drive Feb 14, 2015

Post Thanks / Like
    SUCCESS! Both sides done. Actually it wasn't the squiggle I got wrong this time, I had the inner top leg over the bracket instead of under. It happened when I corrected my squiggle error earlier in my build.