Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: LS3 throttle lag when pushing pedal when idle

Post Thanks / Like

LS3 throttle lag when pushing pedal when idle

All;

I am experiencing a throttle lag. Start the car, gets into a semi-smooth idle (bigger cam installed) and when I push the pedal to do a quick rev is has a hesitation then kicks in and revs. I am reading that there is a throttle delay programmed into drive by wire pedals with the LS3's. Can this be removed with a scan tool? I don't have access to any tuners. closest one would be a 5 hour drive.
    also the odd time I push the throttle during idle I get a back fire pop sounding in the headers. I have a Kooks exhaust as well.

it runs a little rough in first gear and smooths out in second and all the way to fifth. motor sounds great while driving. Its first and low speed that I am finding the motor is having problems. It idles around 500rpm. I am thinking the idle maybe a little low. But I have to add that I have not run the car much, and I am told to just drive it and the computer will "learn"

thanks in advance for any suggestions/help.

David
    Team Bouffard
    GenII #369 - SOLD
    1968 Camaro - work in progress

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    My 430 hp LS3 crate engine was programmed with an idle speed of only 550 rpm. I bumped it to 610. Guys with the 480 hp hot cam may need 800 rpm to idle decently. Any programming change requires tuning software. I bought HP tuner software. So far, it's been an expensive electronic screwdriver.

I haven't looked into programming for the throttle pedal, but it does seem to have some lag.

Be sure that your MAF sensor location meets GM requirements. It should be placed in the middle of a minimum 6 inches of straight 4" pipe and at least 10 inches from the throttle body. I tried to make an air intake snorkel that was had two bends and no straight pipe. I had all kinds of problems with surging and poor idle, until I made a new snorkel.

http://www.masterenginetuner.com/ls-big-cam-idle.html

https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...ponse-Try-this
    Last edited by DaveS53; 08-17-2017 at 09:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    was this ever figured out?

a vitesse throttle controller may help the situation

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had a tuner do a chassis dyno tune. Car runs and idles perfect now.