FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Any owners/ builders near the Fredericksburg VA area

Post Thanks / Like

Any owners/ builders near the Fredericksburg VA area

Good afternoon! I am in the planning/saving phase of my hopefully future project! I am wondering if there are any local owners in the Fredericksburg area. I would love to take a look at your project in person weather it is finished or not. I would really like to see what i am getting myself into! Thanks!

Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in North Stafford off of Garrisonville RD 540-659-4645 Call anytime Tim. I'm about 4 Months into my build of a MK4
    JR
    Last edited by jrcuz; 08-18-2017 at 06:25 PM.
    Mk4 complete kit #9059 ordered 1/19/17 delivered 3/23/17, 2015 IRS, Fortes/DART347,TKO 600, hyd clutch, P/S, 12.88 wilwood brakes front and rear, heater/defrost and vintage gauges
    First start and go-cart 4/11/18. Taken To Whitby Motorcars Greensboro, N.C. 2/5/21 for body/paint

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey! Welcome! In sterling. Just did my first go kart. So pretty deep into the build. Pm me for contact info

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Tim!

I'm halfway between JR and Scott; Fairfax Station VA to be precise. I've been been go karting for about a month. I've been building 2 years (http://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-fact...r-build.html); pretty sure both JR and Scott will complete their cars before I do.

Check out Carl Williams' build thread (http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...Roadster-Build) He's maybe a little farther south on 95 than JR.

John
    MK IV Roadster #8631
    Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage
    https://www.ffcars.com/threads/phile.../#post-4776313

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow great to know there are some resources close by!! I have been following Jcruz's build thread over on ffcars. I work in Arlington so all ur locations are close by lol!! Would love be able to check out some of your cars in person one day! Like I said I am just in the beginning of planning. Looking like it will be about a five year project for beteeen saving for the kit and building the car. Also in the process of building up my tools for the project. I think my biggest worry is getting in over my head. Even though it seems like there is a wealth of information on these forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome,

As John said ... there are several of us building or have FFR products. I am located in Nokesville on Aden Rd (Not too far off 95S).

I am at the body work stage ...

Carl
    Mk 4 Roadster
    October 25, 2012 - Kit Arrives
    April 8, 2013 - Build Starts
    August 23, 2015 - Rolling Chassis/Engine & Transmission Installed
    March 26, 2016 - Go Cart

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks carl!! I am definitely familiar with that area. Used it as a back way to get around lovely I95. If any of you guys need an intern even if it's just to bring ya beer just let me know lol!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I like beer

Post Thanks / Like
    Feel free to call me any time, I'm retired so home in the garage a lot. You're welcome to stop by anytime. You don't even have to bring beer but ok if you do.
    JR
    Mk4 complete kit #9059 ordered 1/19/17 delivered 3/23/17, 2015 IRS, Fortes/DART347,TKO 600, hyd clutch, P/S, 12.88 wilwood brakes front and rear, heater/defrost and vintage gauges
    First start and go-cart 4/11/18. Taken To Whitby Motorcars Greensboro, N.C. 2/5/21 for body/paint

Post Thanks / Like
    You'll definitely be in over your head, but don't worry about it. Go to Build School and you'll find out how simple these cars really are. I had no automotive experience when I started but after doing my homework, I jumped into the deep end. Every day is a new puzzle to solve & a new problem to figure out. It's unbelievably fun!

John
    MK IV Roadster #8631
    Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage
    https://www.ffcars.com/threads/phile.../#post-4776313

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm down in Atlee (N. Richmond), but I've been driving my finished for nearly a year if you want to look at that. I can mostly show off what kind of job Whitby does with pain (amazing).
    Mk4 #8340, 351w/427, 3-link, Wilwood 4 piston rear brakes, 3.27 gear, TKO600, delivered June 18th, 2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tim. I live in Alexandria, VA. My kit gets delivered next month. Scottiec was gracious enough to invite me to see his build a couple of times, and it was a big help. Good to know there are others near by.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tim, I am in North Stafford. Been on the road for 2 years. I live close to JRCUZ, so you can see one being built and actually ride in one....

Post Thanks / Like
    Tomcat: That would be amazing! looks like ill be going on a Roadster tour of VA! lol I really appreciate all you guys willing to show off your projects! I am sure seeing the rides will accelerate my saving processes!!