BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Looking for unfinished Cobra in Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for unfinished Cobra in Texas

I have completed build school and have good mechanical skills so I am not afraid of a project that needs a lot of work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Let me do some checking. 6 months ago I was asked to help a woman in San Angelo sell her husbands Cobra. I will see if I can make contact with her and let you know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Rick! I can go to Oklahoma or Louisiana too. I just takes a long time to get out of Texas from Austin

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a facebook notification from the gal in San Angelo. She still has the car. I ask her if I could pass you her phone number and am waiting for a reply.

Post Thanks / Like
    Call me here in Maine so I can talk to a real person.

207-860-0962
    Rick

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Rick! I talked to the owner and will go out and document the car. Hopefully we can find a new home for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Manycars,
    I was curious if you ended up taking a look at this car. I'm beginning to look around for one and wanted to learn more about what's out there and the market. I'm in Lubbock, not too far from San Angelo.
    Thanks
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPTx View Post
    Manycars,
    I was curious if you ended up taking a look at this car. I'm beginning to look around for one and wanted to learn more about what's out there and the market. I'm in Lubbock, not too far from San Angelo.
    Thanks
    Jim
    Hello Jim, I originally passed the info of this car, to manycars. He did in fact, make a trip to evaluate the car. What he did find is a car that was started back in the year 2000. Bottom line is a car that could not be completed due to the owners health issues. Like any project, you generally put way more dollars into it, than you can ever hope to get back out of it. His wife set the asking price partially based on this. The general feeling from more experienced builders, is that the car is a $5000 car. While it could be a good deal, you will still end up with a car that has none of the FFR upgrades of the current Mark 4. That being said, you could still end up with a very nice Cobra.

PM Manycars and he car give you first had report.

Rick

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Rick, I'll do that.

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys wouldn't still be looking for an unfinished, go-cart build MKIII. So many personal issues, I have decided just to quit. I'll post pictures on the "for sale" side when I can start a thread....but I'm almost going to give it away.

I'm in Beaumont Texas, so just let me know.

Thanks.
    Robert

Post Thanks / Like

mkiii

Quote Originally Posted by rccalvert View Post
    You guys wouldn't still be looking for an unfinished, go-cart build MKIII. So many personal issues, I have decided just to quit. I'll post pictures on the "for sale" side when I can start a thread....but I'm almost going to give it away.

I'm in Beaumont Texas, so just let me know.

Thanks.
    Robert
    Hey Robert i'm in Amarillo and interested. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you still have the unfinished car? I'm in Alvin and I am interested if the price is reasonable.